What happened to Al-Jazeera's desire to have an embedded journalist?

I know they had said they were going to have one a while ago but I haven’t heard anything about that since. Did they send a journalist to boot camp? Did the journalist pass it? Is one embedded? Has Al-Jazeera been showing his reports?

One of their reporters just got scolded curing a press conference that is being shown on CNN. He told the reporter that he thought that the decision to show American POWs on TV was disgusting. Another reporter asked, "would you consider AL Jazeera to be hostile media. He said no and then went into a pretty heated exchange.

Well, thank you but that’s not what I’m after.

Al-Jazeera was planning on embedded a journalist with either the US or UK forces. I haven’t seen any news on any such thing and perusing www.al-jazeera.com doesn’t seem to point to any such thing either. Did they give up the plan?

Funny, from the slant they seem to embraced so far I would think they wanted to embed their reporter in the Iraqi military. I wonder why not?

MY understanding of Al-Jazeera as a news agency is that they’ve always been pretty even-handed - which often means that we hate them (because they air some things that seem to us to be slanted towards the other side) and the other side hates them (because they air some things that seem to them to be slanted towards our side).

I wouldn’t be surprised to find that Al-Jazeera would have liked to have embedded reporters in both camps.

I’ll try this again one more time. I hope somebody can tell me this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A16817-2003Mar23.html

Thank you very much Tradnor. I wonder if they’ll be re-embedded if the troops they were with enter Iraq.

I’m very interested in this and hope that one of our fellow dopers in the know about this might be willing to start a thread concerning the one currently embedded reporter and his reports and the others if they get re-embedded. I’ll keep an eye out.

Again thank you Tradnor, I hope you have warm clothes.