painless, quick, clean way to do suicide

I read in news reports of people dying inside their car with the engine and aircon on, owing to carbon monoxide poisoning from leak of exhaust gas into the car cabin.

They appear to have died as they fall asleep from the carbon monoxide poisoning.

How does one obtain carbon monoxide and administer it to oneself, without having to stay in an airconed car with the engine on and with gas leak inside?

Was their death really painless?

What are other painless, quick, and clean – and simple economical – ways of committing suicide?

Please, don’t mention shooting oneself in the head.

Susma Rio Sep

Not sure how this is a debate question, really.
Hope you’re just curious and not thinking of offing yourself.

I would think taking a huge amount of sedatives would be rather painless, somewhat fast, and clean, if by clean you mean no blood splatter because you probably will soil yourself upon death.

When done right hanging is actually one of the fastests, most painless ways to go. I’ve even heard of defense attorneys advising their clients to take hanging if given the choice.

Autoerotic Asphyxiation somewhat fits your bill. It’s not actually a method of suicide as almost all the deaths from it are accidental. (I don’t really know of suicidal people needing to strap one off before they die:p) And it’s not really quick. But I guess it’s painless and clean.

Your requirement that it be clean intrigues me. Seeing the actor of suicide will be dead, why would he care if there’s a mess?
A shotgun it the mouth is the quickest, cheapest way I can think of. But man, it won’t be clean!

I saw an interview once with a guy who had put a gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger but NOT died that made me check this one off the list of suicide methods to try. The bullet blew off his face, then bounced off his skull. He was alive, with minimal brain damage… but no face. Pretty grisly stuff.

Was that gun a handgun? If so it doesn’t compare to a shot gun.I would think putting a double barrel in ones mouth, one barrel loaded with buckshot, the other with a rifled slug, would yield closed to 100% instant death. It’s hard to survive when your head is in several pieces all 15 feet away from your torso.
:eek: Blah! This is too morbid. I’m bailing on this thread!

[Moderator Hat ON]

Don’t see the debate here, and it looks too much like asking for suicide advice.

[Moderator Hat OFF]