Fleetwood Mac On The Today Show: Ouch!

Saw them on the Today Show this morning right before leaving for work. It was like a really bad karaoke night.

Granted, they don’t seem like the kind of folks who normally get up at 5:00 AM and go out for a jog - but this was truly horrible…voices cracking, first couple of notes on instruments were off key and they had the energy and enthusiasm of a group of pallbearers.

If this was an attempted plug to buy tickets for their upcoming concert tour, their booking agent should be shot.

Right.

Saw their opening number -Go Your Own Way and was it ever a stinker.

I was thinking, did they even bother to warm up, make sure their guitars are in tune, or at least give the appearance of wanting to be there.

Ah, well. If nothing else, there was no question that this was a live performance as opposed to a pre-taped, lip-sync number.

My wife and I are buying tickets.

Lindsey Buckingham rules!!

I only saw “Go Your Own Way” but I would have preferred them lipsynching over that crap. Lindsey was particularly awful.

I didn’t even recognize the song until they got to the chorus since his voice kept cracking.

If you want to hear/see it in all its…um…glory:

In their defense, the wind is blowing like crazy and it looks darn cold. I’ve played under those conditions, and a) it’s hard to keep things in tune and b) it sucks.

Rhiannon, the last tune, is much better. Not good, but better. Stevie can’t hit the high notes.

I’ve loved this band for years, (evidenced by my username) and will always show up for a F.M. thread.
I only saw the performance of “Say You Will”, and I’d have to agree that it wasn’t one of thier best performances. Any chance to see them playing live is a treat to me. I was quite suprised I didn’t hear “Peacekeeper”.

Fingolfin I’m right there with ya brother.'Cept I’m going more for John.

But boy, do those folks look old.
Of course after all the crap they’ve put in thier bodies over the years has to have taken a bit of a toll.Compared to a few rockers who abused themselves as badly, they don’t look so good. Yowch. I now’d have to say that Mick Fleetwood has taken from Keith Richards the title of “Ugly Rocker” (Neither of them being much of a looker to begin with) With the side award for drug abuse still held by ol’ Keith. :stuck_out_tongue:

So, what’s the deal with Christie McVie? Why did she leave?

The classic lineup was back in all it’s glory for The Dance a couple years ago. Now they finally get around to doing a full fledged tour and one of 'em splits, again. Kinda sucks.

But Buckingham is back, so I’m there man! :wink:

IIRC, she retired a few years ago. Pity, without her, the Mac just ain’t the same.

Sure, all the years of hard living didn’t help, but remember, everybody in the band is pushing 60 pretty hard to begin with.