What pop star wrote the "I am stuck on bandaids Cause bandaids stuck on me" jingle?

This is apparently one of the most successful and long lasting jingles in modern ad history. A friend was teasing me the other day with the “fact” that the author is/was a famous pop superstar, but wouldn’t tell me who it was.

Does anyone know?

It sounds suspiciously like Barry Manilow, who wrote a whole slew of jingles (including “You deserve a break today…” for MacDonalds).

Barry Manilow
He wrote many jingles from ‘I’m a Pepper’ to ‘You deserve a break today’. He used to do a jingle medly in his act.

Barry Manilow

DAMN YOU plnnr!!!
On a live album of his there is a track of the medley.

“Just like a good neighbor, State Farm is there” is also Barry.

:o I have the live album.

Presumably in order to protect their trademark, they changed “Band-Aid” to “Band-Aid brand” at one point. “I am stuck on Band-Aid brand, 'cause they are stuck on me!” They managed to cram in an extra syllable just fine without ruining the cadence, but I don’t know how it will work when it gets to be, “I am stuck on Johnson & Johnson Band-Aid (registered trademark) brand adhesive bandages…”

[Making a mark in SK’s book of People Who Have Committed Crimes Against Humanity]

Mmm, hmm.