Help! My bottom lip just puffed up for no reason!

All the sudden I got a fat lip and I can’t figure out why. I was drinking a Diet Coke but I’ve done that 1000s of times with no ill effects. What could cause a sudden fat lip??? :confused:

I don’t know, but I have had it happen before, too, usually when drinking from a bottle or something similar. I think maybe there either was something on the container I was drinking from that irritated my skin, OR I possibly got a small abrasion/cut on my lip that I didn’t notice, but my immune system did. :wink:

Assuming your puffy lip is a similar cause, it should go away shortly; if it doesn’t, you might talk to your doctor, just to be safe. :slight_smile:

I have no idea what’s happened to your lip. Is it sore at all? Maybe you cut it or something.
Some people pay a fortune to get things like Restalyne pumped into their lips, so think of the money you’ve saved. :wink:

I’ve had this happen to me because of an allergic reaction. In my case the swelling didn’t stop and when I looked really deformed I decided to call my allergist because it didn’t look like it’d be going away on its own. A quick epi shot and some benedryl straightened me right out. The swelling was really uncomfortable–made me wonder how Julia Roberts lives with it every day.

If it happens again, or doesn’t subside on its own, you may want to consider a visit to an allergist.

Thanks. It seems to be going down now. Must’ve been the Coke can. Makes me sick to think what could have been on it.

Yah, that’s one reason it actually isn’t so nuts to wash off the top of your cans. :wink: