Stargate SG1 questions

I’ve always watched this off and on, but there are some things that I don’t understand about this show.

Why so few go’a’uld? If the Jafar all carry a symbiote, shouldn’t there be loads of them? How long does a symbiote take to mature? How long does a jafar live?

There seem to be lots of planets of humans who haven’t had a go’a’uld presence for thousands of years (such as earth). What have the go’a’uld been doing for the last few thousand years?

All these planets have human populations which seems to fit in nicely with the premise, but a lot of them speak English (nearly all of them since Dr Jackson left). Has this ever been explained or is it a “universal translator” kind of thing?

It’s never explained outright, but it’s basically so they don’t have to waste 15 minutes of a 40 minute show (after commercials) trying to figure out the local language.

A wizard did it.

No one really knows how many adult Goa’uld are there, there has never been a number stated. But it is assumed that given the premise of the story, threre are Goa’uld "Clans that where the basis of Egyptian, Greek, Hindu, Chinese, Mayan, Aztec, Inca Mythos, and in all those pantheons are many many Gods

Ra, Hathor, Vishnu, Yu, Chronos, etc are all taken from these respected ancient religions and myths.

It has been stated that the Goa’uld symbiot, takes about a hundred or more years to mature. But all the Jaffa get killed off one by one so it slows the process.

The whole “why they all speak English” crap, is getting tired. Its a TV show, creating a language and using al the time with subtitles and stuff makes people either tune out or get tired. Also its expensive.
Its just a TV SHOW

KREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

When I asked the question about why they all speak english, I wasn’t being critical. In shows like trek, they all speak english, look like humans, and live on human style planets, and that just has to be accepted.

Stargate has a cleverer premise for a TV show. It makes sense for them to run into humans each week. It also makes sense for them to arrive in similar looking environments. I just wondered if they had managed to cover this as well. In earlier episodes, they seemed to make much more of this. Wasn’t Daniel Jackson assigned just to translate stuff? In later series, it seems to have been forgotten. Obviously, if they keep repeating scenes of language being translated, the show would get boring. I just wondered if they had managed to fit this into the premise of the show somehow.

Next you’ll want to know how the Goa’uld’s voices change even when they have human larynxes, and what evolutionary pressures created that glowing-eyes effect.

At least they claim the other-worlders really are human. That requires much less suspension of disbelief than the Star Trek latex-blobs-on-the-forehead approach.