I know the JFK assassination conspiracy theories have been beaten to death but...

I was just watching Fox News(hey, you gotta listen to the enemy to know he’s full of sh!t!) and they were gushing over some new book called Triangle of Death(going as far as calling it “extremely well researched”) or somesuch that purports that JFK not only conspired to assassinate Catholic leaders in Viet Nam for their abuse of Buddhists(???) but was himself a victim of a simutaneous counter-assassination conspiracy by the French mafia(???).

I have not read the book(I think the co-author’s namke is something like Barry O’leary or something like that) and this particular conspiracy theory sounds as whacky as the rest but has anyone here had a chance to read the book that can provide a more thorough analysis?

Oh god - now the *French * Mafia. It’s a wonder, with so many groups out to get him, that he lasted almost three years. This author might have done a lot of research in Vietnam, but he can’t change the hard facts that all point to LHO acting alone, and from what I know of LHO’s life, the French Mafia hiring him would be inconceivable.

What was their Plan B if LHO missed his shot–offing JFK at the reception in Dallas with substandard wine and moldy cheese?

What did Dillinger say in Illuminatus as he aimed but heard shots comming from all over Dealy Plaza, “How the fuck many people does it take to kill a president?”

I was in the airport the other day, and I saw a guy reading a book. I don’t remember the title, but the subtitle said, “How LBJ Killed JFK.” Are we almost ready to let this go, or does the entire generation who witnessed it have to be dead first?

South Vietnamese prime minister Ngo Dinh Diem and his brother/principal aide Ngo Dinh Nhu (husband of the lovely and evil Madame Nhu ) were deposed and assassinated (almost certainly with CIA assistance and unquestionably with U.S. approval) the same month JFK was murdered. I seriously doubt the French Mafia was involved in either murder, though the timing of the Ngo and Kennedy assassinations can seem almost too coincidental, especially considering how much the war in Vietnam accelerated and changed afterward.

Personally I think there WAS a conspiracy but a far smaller thing than Stone and other propagandists posit. There’s a Biography of Jack Ruby on A&E tonight, if you’re interested.

Incidentally, the same assassins picked off Aldous Huxley & C.S. Lewis the same day but made both look like natural causes. Robert Stroud (better known as “the Birdman of Alcatraz”) had died of “natural causes” the day before, yet not once did Congress investigate the Senate Investigatory Committee on Possible Threats from the Alliance of Dystopic Science Fiction, Autodidactic Avians, Christian Symbologists and Very Rich Irish Catholics", then chaired by Strom Thurmond (who was also killed that week, but it wasn’t noticed until 40 years later) and, it is rumored, one of the aliens from Roswell.

btw, Catholic apologist Peter Kreeft wrote an interesting but very flawed treatment of that day’s triple death- Huxley, Lewis & JFK meet in a middle-realm BETWEEN HEAVEN AND HELL (the title of the book) to discuss the Big Qs before going to their respective eternal destinations.

Sampiro, I am not sure how much of your first post was serious or not but you DO realize that JFK was not only a conservative democrat but he and his brother were also the main reason we went to war in Viet Nam and JFK increased troop presnece there each of the three years he was in office.
Considering the facts of the case and what we know about LHO and his history of communist activism and attempted assassinations against high profile people who he thought represented the evils of democracy/capitalism, there is no reason to believe a conspiracy of any sort was involved in JFK’s death.

LBj had absolutely nothing to do with the assination of JFk.

Yet, LBJ clearly did not believe the warren report, nor that Oswald killed Kennedy. LBJ wanted a quick coverup to get this past us, and so the public would not want revenge, nor retaliation, and so that no other leaders would be assinated.

REad the secret LBJ white house transcripts, or several books that contain them, to find out exactly what Johnson knew.

I don’t think the French Mafia theory is particularly new. Hey, it’s no more stupid than suggesting the Vice President used government people to kill the President and that nobody has blabbed in 40 years.

What LBJ MAY have believed is totally irrelevant (especially since we cannot ask him directly and have only a handful of out-of-context quotes to suggest what conspiracy theorists posit).My neighbor may believe in alien abductions but that does not make them plausible.
mcadams.posc.mu.eduhomee.htm

There is one of the best sites you will find for information about JFK’s assassination. It clears up the overwhelming majority of conspiracy nonsense.

Oops…stupid keyboard gremlins.
mcadams.posc.mu.eduhome.htm

Just for the heck of it, the KGB thought that rich Texans did it. They also put serious money into the conspiracy market, paying for most of the first few books on the topic to come out in America.

Source: The Sword and the Shield, the KGB and the… Mizkerizenoy? Archive. Good book.

When you say French Mafia I believe you are actually referring to the theory that Col Georges deLannurrien of the French intelligence service hired the assassination team at the behest of … well somebody.

I am intrigued by those who say there was a conspiracy and I will listen to those who show evidence that LHO acted alone. But I truly DESPISE those who say it is all over and we know what happened and there is no reason to discuss it further. Do you people have something to fear? If the truth, whatever it might be, were known, do you think your life and livlihood will be jeopardized? It might very well be.

If LHO was a lone gunman, then he just coincidentally happened to step into the middle of a major security breakdown, in a city crawling with unsavory types and very fortuitously departed the scene without answering any questions. 4 Presidents, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Bush Sr, were each more or less peripherally involved with investigation and they seem to have been rewarded. The key to the mystery as to who was ultimately responsible involves policy reversals that Johnson instituted to stop JFK’s agenda.

I never cared much for JFK (the President, not the movie which I have never seen) but I really dislike coup d’etats.

Wow…there are a few kooks in denial around here!

Listen guy, skeptics do not fear truth. WE generally hold it in the highest regard. That is why we will speak an unpopular truth rather than espouse a popular myth.

again:

mcadams.posc.mu.eduhome.htm

The case HAS been settled as much as we can possibly say that any case is settled. Did John Hinkley Jr. step into a major security breakdown or was he also part of some grand conspiracy?

All of the evidence…the ballistic, the video, the audio, the credible eyewitness accounts…all of it supports the fact that Oswald acted alone.

Throughout history humanity has been great at many things…

Keeping secrets is not one of them. It is our nature to divulge impressive information to others. If there was a cover-up involved in JFK’s assassination it would require thousands of people(at least) to be able to do what three people cannot do.

[my italics --TGU]
GodlessSkeptic, I can’t reach your link – whatever happened to that “magic-bullet” thingy which always seemed to me to be a bit of a, um,… smoking gun?

Sorry, try copy/pasting this into your browser:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
The “magic bullet” thing is answered in detail there. The forensic guys were able to conclusively show the path of the bullet and every ricochet. IIRC they were even able to duplicate the shot or something along those lines.

Thanks, I’ll have a read. The url that you posted was incorrect the first THREE times you posted it (jeesh, all that to make me look dumb) – you’d lost a forward slash, I should have noticed that no domain eduhome exists.

Explored the link, where there is much said about the “magic-bullet”. Having quickly read it, I must confess to the possibility of having been unduly influenced by the book Conspiracy (I forget the author) that I read twenty years ago.

So, LHO did it. The piece of shit.