Morphine Sulphate 15mg. extended release

OK, my dog had knee surgury and I was given a script for 6 tablets as noted in the title. We gave her 1/2 tablet when she first came home and after that no more were required.

Question one:
Should I dump the rest or keep them for a possible human use?

Question two:
What would the human dose be?

Question three:
What human condition would they be useful for that would justify self medication. None is an acceptable answer.

I’m not interested in “recreational” uses. Maybe I should just dump them.

I’d dump them. A doctor would be a better judge of the sorts of pain medications that would be effective for a particular need.

That dose of medication, taken twice daily, might be equivalent to the pain relief of taking maybe 6-8 Tylenol #3 tablets, although everyone is different. Taking all the remaining 5.5 pills could easily cause severe overdose symptoms in somewhat not accustommed to taking narcotics, so if you keep them, put them in a safe place. I think self-medication might be justified if you do a lot of camping, eg, and you are genuinely in regions very distant from medical help. But for most common pain conditions, other medicines would be more helpful than morphine. Taking these pills would make you more sicl than high, and I would neither publically nor privately condone them for that use.

OK, I suspected that dumping them would be the right answer. Out they go when I get home tonight.

Not a first aid kit type of item, unless as you say you are far from help. As I don’t plan any wilderness treks in this lifetime I won’t need them for that.

Thanks!