I've just seen the Worst episode yet of Samuri Jack

Episode 27: Jack is transformed into a chicken by a mad wizard.

If you never saw this episode, I’d describe it this way: It’s worse than the Flatulant Dragon, worse than Jack In Wonderland.

Given the usually outstanding caliber of this show, I’m astonished.

Also, since the Cartoon Network website hasn’t been updated since Ep. 31, can anyone give me an up to date episode guide?

Well, they can’t all be winners.

I think this episode was more pointless than bad. The chicken thing was amusing at first, until I realized that it was going to be the entire episode. And the Jack I know opposes evil in its many forms. He should have lopped that wizard’s hands off at the wrists.

I kind of liked Jack in Wonderland.

I dunno, I didn’t think the episode was too bad. Sure, a badass samurai chicken is silly, but so what?

see the Samuri Jack MOIVE was good awful. IT was made for TV and invovled jack being brainwashed fo 90% of the episode and having to be saved by that Crazy Scott with the bad teeth. I’ll spare you the details of the last 15 minutes, you’ll just want to hang yourselves.

What? Okay, so I’ve only seen a couple of episodes, so I may be missing something, but the movie I saw wasn’t like that at all. It showed Jack’s origin, and Act 3 took place at some dogs’ archaeological dig.

Or maybe I’m getting movie confused with MOIVE. :wink:

There was a 2 hour Thing, cartoon network ran it on a Sunday afternoon. “Cartoon Thearte” What you are thinking about is the first 2 episodes. I don’t think that ran that crap more then once. And aparently, what I saw wasn’t a moive either it was a two parter. But that doesn’t make it less crap:smack: :smack: :smack:

Samurai Jack started out as an excellent idea. And after the move(that’s now broken into three episodes) that started the whole series, I thought it would be an excellent show to watch. Then it started sucking. A good premise ruined by shitty content. I don’t bother watching it anymore.
Psychopachik Vampire

I really liked the chicken episode. There wasn’t a million miles between that one and the one with Aku’s dead-hero-monster-reviving chum.

I thought the chicken was hysterical myself. Didn’t much care for the dragon, but my son loved it, being at that age where fart jokes are the recently discovered height of humor.

I liked the “movie” with the Scotsman and an amnesiac Jack. Thought it was a hoot, and was glad to see some of the background characters get some of the lime light.

Well, personally, I thought the episode where Jack was forced to deal with his addiction to perscription painkillers was the worst.

Or maybe the one where he strolled quietly down an empty beach, contemplating Free Will vs. Predestination.

The one where it was just Jack and a killer robot, standing in a woodland clearing staring at each other for thirty minutes was pretty bad, too. I like all the dramatic tension in the sword fights, but c’mon!

It probably would be better if you saw it in a moive thearte

I will admit that the epidode where Aku manifests his inner dark side and pits them against each other was great.
Psychopachik Vampire

How can you like Samurai Jack and not like that episode? Because they’re all like that. Jack turns into a chicken. Jack loses his shoes. Jack meets a Scotsman. Jack fails to return to the past. Jack fails to return to the past again. Jack almost returns to the past but doesn’t at the last minute do to selfless Goodosity. Jack almost returns to the past but then it turns out it wasn’t a way back to the past at all.

I was very confused when I first starting watching the show, because the creator said he wanted a pure action show, but nothing ever happens. Jack’s training as a boy at least would have been interesting.

He’s already beaten Aku, we know he can beat Aku, and we know he’s not returning to the past any time soon. So why watch the show?

I can’t think of any SJ episode that I’d actually call bad. Chicken Jack, Farting Dragon, and especially Jack in Wonderland were all great. I’d say the one where he keeps trying different shoes from Foot Locker to beat the bikers was about the silliest, but still ok.

Tartakovsky himself said he wanted a show that was half Kung Fu and half Tex Avery.

The ones I didn’t much care for were the pilot and the flashback one. Too cliché, young warrior off training around the world etc. Been done to death.

Well, Jesus, why watch Bugs Bunny? Did you ever really expect Elmer to catch him?

A lot happens in a Looney Tunes cartoon. It’s not a half hour of watching scenery go by. But I’m not going to belabor the point/

I’m not saying I don’t like Samurai Jack. I’m saying, if you’re looking for something more than a simple plot that goes nowhere, you probably won’t like it.

The episode was based on an ancient Greece myth. They ended with a contest like in ancient Greece myths (cf arrow contest in “The Odyssey” or games between the Greeks and the Trojans in “The Iliad”). I see no problem.

The show is all action in that there is little plot to know. Jack wants to return home. Against that backdrop you can paint any story you want. Can you think of any other show that can hop around the world from episode to episode?

You don’t watch the show for the plot. You watch for the innovative visuals, and the stunning use of sound and music.

Also, the occassional mythic/literary/cultural references.