Hillary Clinton is a Hindu hating HARPIE!

Or so some would seem to think :

"Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton apologized for joking that Mahatma Gandhi used to run a gas station in St. Louis, saying it was "a lame attempt at humor."

For crikey’s sake, it’s not like she dredged his ashes from the Ganges and dangled them off a German balcony in front of a crocodile- it wasn’t even an offensive joke. Is it possible for a famous person to say

anything about a non-white person without raising hackles?

Incidentally, my favorite Gandhi joke is probably this one .

By my count, this is the third Pit thread on the subject.

Just so’s you know.

Yeah, but this one’s original in that it’s not in the Pit.

Are all you deranged Hillary-haters so blinded by your fury that you can’t even check to see if there are other threads on this same goddam topic?

1. I may be deranged but I’m most certainly not a Hillary hater (far from it, in fact), which should be quite clear if you read the OP; my frustration (which again should be quite clear from the OP) is with thin skins.

2. I’m not sure which I resent more: the allegation of my derangedness, my Republicanism, or the completely unnecessary hurling of non-jocular profanity in my general direction, but they’re all quite rude and baseless.

3. I checked for other topics in Cafe Society but not in the Pit; I generally avoid that area. If this ruined your day I suggest you seek therapy.

Why would you post this in Cafe Society? Not trying to jump on your shit or anything, just don’t see how its appropriate for this forum.

My bad. I tend to view such Daily Show fodder as entertainment more than as politics.

No, my bad. I saw the thread title and cursorily glanded at the OP and thought it was the umpteenth anti-Hillary thread this week. As I’m sure you all know, my Pit Peeve is idiots who start threads on current events without ever checking to notice that there are twelve other goddam threads on it already. This week, it’s Hillary and the Croc guy . . .

(But, really, Samp, Cafe Society?!)

We hope you do the right thing and throw yourself in front of a cattle stampede. Put this in Cafe Society? Shame on you, you Teutonic sumbitch! Shame!

good thing gandhi doesn’t play quarterback in the nfl, or she’d have to quit ESPN

Thank you, Meatball, and we will close this thread. Please move along to the Pit if you would like to continue in this vein.