Why can't people see stuff I link from Yahoo Briefcase.

I posted some images that I have saved on Yahoo Briefcase on another website. Some people seem to be able to view them but others can’t. Why are some folks missing out on my images? And is there anywhere else I can host them (other than Lycos Angelfire)??

Cheers
Pushkin

I had this same issue a while back, and determined that they need to have Yahoo! accounts in order to view stuff in a briefcase. I don’t know whether they’ve changed the structure since then, but seems like a good starting point for an experiment.

www.250free.com, which ironically is down now.

I had some flakiness where if I ftped a file there is disappeared after the transfer, but the same file went up fine with the 250free upload manager.

Also, they say you need a web page there or they may delete your files. I can’t say how vigilante they are.

They’ll MAYBE know tomorrow when they’ll be back up…

I may be stating the obvious (which you may already have rejected for some good reason) here, but Yahoo’s Geocities is a free web-hosting (as opposed to a file-drop) service. Since you’ve already got a Yahoo ID, the sign-up should be very trivial.