Did Dolly Parton ever pose nude for Playboy?

I can remember seeing once somewhere that Playboy had repeatedly propositioned her and she was extremely offended by it, and rejected them several times. I never found out the outcome of this , but I just saw something on T.V that showed an old copy of Playboy with her on the cover. I don’t know it that was real or fake, so I ask here…

GENERAL QUESTION: Did Dolly Parton ever pose Nude for Playboy?

Dolly posed for the cover of Playboy, and was that month’s Playboy interview, but never posed for them in the nude.

Something like this?

http://pages.tias.com/4165/PictPage/1920657702.html

Looks like it’s just an interview.

She did do the cover of the October 1978 Playboy, although she did not pose.

Cite (Sorry, but that’s the best cite I can do, since Ms. Parton lacks an official website.)

It is indeed just an interview. Probably would have gone against her good Christian morals.

Unlike, you know, founding a career around her breasts. :dubious:

$45? I still have that issue stashed in my attic. Off to eBay!

Well, I don’t think it’s exactly accurate to say she’s founded her career around her breasts. She has done just a little bit of singing and songwriting, you know. She hasn’t ignored her physical attributes, obviously, and has used her cheap look as a kind of a gimmick. But the singing and songwriting came first and she built the Dolly persona (breasts and all) afterwards.

Now I should say that I do think she goes a bit too far sometimes. Her newest video is a case in point. It’s a lovely song, “Welcome Home” (it can be viewed at the CMT website) – somewhat religious in scope, but I’m OK with that when it’s well done (not like “The Little Girl” and similar crap) and genuine. And the video is quite nice and would be very moving except for the way Dolly’s got herself dressed up – she wears a little Uncle Sam suit in some scenes and an Army fatique mini-dress in others. She looks a little ridiculous, which is fine usually, and very “her,” but didn’t work for this particular song and video, IMO. But that doesn’t mean she founded her career on her breasts.

She posed nude for me in 1981. :smiley:

:frowning:

I think the OP is conflating two things.

A) Dolly did appear on the cover of ‘Playboy’.

B) Hustler routinely allows (or used to) it’s readers to vote for who should appear in the magazine. Then they offer the winner $1,000,000 to pose ‘in the hustler style’ which I would guess means split beaver and vibrators or somesuch. I know I saw Parton on the list of celebs they’d made the offer to.

You do know she had them augmented don’t you?

What in the world happened here ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway…Thanks everyone for your responses :cool:

Yeah, I do know that, Reeder. But that still doesn’t mean she built her career around her breasts. They were big to begin with – she’s had bigguns since way back in the day. And the augmentation didn’t seem to make them much bigger, really. I always figured she had that surgery (she’s actually had a number of cosmetic procedures done and has been pretty frank about it) to make them perkier rather than larger – especially given that she’d lost a bunch of weight about that time. I have pretty bigguns myself and I know that gravity takes its toll. Also, boobs start to kind of… thin out after a while. Augmentation can firm 'em back up without actually making them much larger.

Got any Pictures :smiley: j/k