3 on 1 fight

My brother was in a fight after summer school…these mexican kids confronted him when he was walking home so he didn’t have any of his friends to back him up it was 3 on one and my brother lost.
Getting the cops involved is not an option and because I am atleast 4 years older than these boys, fighting them myself could put me in jail, as a big brother what can I do or should I do?
One thing I was considering was tommorow driving my brother and 2 friends near where these boys hang out so he can get the things they stole from him back and if they start fighting atleast it would be fair because my brother would have some back up.
My brother says they stole an X-Box game and 5 dollars.

Just thought about something…I shouldn’t say Mexican kids because it doesn’t matter if they were Mexican, Black or White just that they “jumped” my brother.

Why can’t the police be involve?

We would rather handle this without having the police involved because it’s all kids involved.

Get the police invovled and press charges. Starting a fight again doesn’t make sense. It can grow from there or weapons could even be produced. 3 on 1 and robbery makes this sound like they are fairly violent criminals instead of kids.

I second the cops. In the old days, going and retaliating/escalating was fine, but these days, one can never be too careful.

This is definitely a police matter, START. Please contact your local authorities.

This is closed.

Cajun Man
for the SDMB