But I thought cowboy boots were therapeutic for the feet!

There’s a very sore spot on the upper part of my right foot. Been that way for almost two weeks, with shoes or without. When I walk: not at all times.

Saw doctor yesterday. First off, assured that it’s not gout (whew!). Then told not to wear my boots any more.

I should elaborate that they’re not actually cowboy boots. They’re women’s lace-up boots, made in Italy. But they still have the elevated arch and 1 1/2 inch block heel. Told this to doc, since he was first under the impression that I’d been wearing pumps to work retail (not bloodly likely!). But he still said I shouldn’t wear them.

“Well, until now, I thought they were saving me from a lot of pain. Haven’t had trouble with my arches, like when I wore flats. Anyway, I thought cowboy boots were therapeutic for the feet.”

“Are you kidding? They’re almost as bad as pumps! Go back to wearing flats, with a lift for your arches.”

So does anyone know anything pro or con on cowboy boots? And do I have to give up my Italian boots? They’re just perfect with my wardrobe, and as I said, until recently they’ve been way comfortable.

"But I thought cowboy boots were therapeutic for the feet! "

Umm…no…