Songs for Mad Scientists?

That is, would anyone happen to have suggestions for songs that are about mad scientists, feature mad-sciency topics, or would just make good musical accompanyment for the practice of mad science?

So far, I’ve got…

—Bach’s Toccata and Fugue in D (Naturally)
—Thomas Dolby’s She Blinded Me With Science
Uranus the Magician from Holst’s The Planets. For some reason, it always evokes images of alchemical dabbling going hopelessly out of control, in my mind.

Anyone else?

Hawkwind’s entire catalogue? :smiley:

In particular, you might want to check out something like the album Love In Space. It’s a concept album about alien abduction and suchlike goings-on.

You might also want to check out the Pressurehed album Explaining the Unexplained. It’s an album about things like UFOs, Bigfoot, ESP, etc.

See also works by Farflung, Anna Oxygen, and Chrome.

Gary Gilmore’s Eyes, by The Adverts, a great second-generation English punk band: IRL, Gary was a serial killer in Utah in the 70’s, sentenced to death by firing squad - he requested before his death that his eyes be donated for transplant. The song pretty much picks up from there, with someone awaking from surgery to discover that he has been given the titular eyes…

“Weird Science”, Oingo Boingo

spiralscratch: not a Buzzcocks fan, by any chance?

Cloud Busting by Kate Bush - great Mad Scientist video

The Elements

“Feed My Frankenstein.”

BTW, check THIS out.

Eight posts already and I still get to be the first to mention The Monster Mash! Woohoo!

(Just thinking about it brings up memories of round-the-clock lab experiments).

“Automatic Man” - Michael “Maniac” Sembello

It’s about a man who invents a dancing android who develops emotions.

The Sun - They Might be Giants.

It’s a third grade science lesson set to slightly manic bubble gum rock music.

Mad scientists did geek rock.

“Intermezzo” from Tales of Mystery and Imagination by the Alan Parsons Project.
“Catacombae, sepulchrum romanum (Catacombs, roman tomb)” from Pictures at an Exhibition by Modest Mussorsky.
“Con mortuis in lingua mortua (With the dead in a dead language)” from Pictures at an Exhibition by Modest Mussorsky.
“Summer” from Sonic Seasonings by Wendy Carlos (the clip heard at Amazon.com is not representative of its sci-fi quality).
“Prelude. Andante moderato (Prelude To Act I)” from Carmen Suite by Georges Bizet.

The Eggplant that Ate Chicago – Dr. West’s Jug Band and Medicine Show. Though the Eggplant did come from outer space, it’s certainly mad scientisty.

Maxwell’s Silver Hammer – Beatles. Maxwell Edison (named after two scientists) is majoring in medicine and starts killing people with a hammer.

Several songs from Rocky Horror.

Poisoning the Pigeons in the Park – Tom Lehrer (“We’ll poison them all amist laughter and merriment/Except for the few we take home to experiment.”)

The Sorcerer’s Apprentice from Disney’s Fantasia

Any creepy Phantom of the Opera type organ music makes me think of Dr Frankenstein in his lab creating his monster.

What’s He Building In There? by Tom Waits. One of the creepiest songs I ever heard…

There’s poison under the sink, of course / There’s also enough formaldehyde to choke a horse / What’s he building in there?

Imagine your generic Mad Scientist working feverishly away to the strains of Elvis Costello’s Accidents Will Happen.

“when you’re evil” by Voltaire, if one is inclined towards the nastier side.

bamf

Spike Jones and the City Slickers’ version of “My Old Flame”. A must for any Peter Lorre fan.

Napoleon XIV “They’re Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!”

Building the Perfect Beast Don Henley. The song’s about genetic engineering…

ELO - Yours Truly, 2095

About a guy who tries to fall in love with his robot, a la Chobits. (though the song long presceded the CLAMP manga/anime).