The Famous “Danny Thomas Legend”?

I sometimes listen to the syndicated Bob and Tom radio show. On more than one occasion they have alluded to the “famous Danny Thomas legend” but refuse to do anything more than mention it by name, not even giving the vaguest hint as to what it might be about – except methinks that, given the nature of most of what’s on Bob and Tom, it’s highly likely to be somewhat “off-color”. It’s like they dangle it out there as forbidden fruit – “we know something you don’t”.

Does anyone here know of this “legend” and would be willing to divulge it?

The only ‘legend’ I’ve heard about concerning Danny Thomas is that he once had a difficult decision to make. It may have been whether he should give up his entertainment career, or it may have been whether he should move to the opposite coast. Anyway, he prayed to St. Jude for guidance and promised that if he was successful in his endeavours he would pay his debt to St. Jude. He was successful, and founded St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital as a shrine to St. Jude where needy children could receive medical treatment.

I seem to recall a rumor that Danny was “well endowed.”

If Bob and Tom mentioned it, it probably has to do with rumored oversized male wedding tackle…

That’s the rumor I heard as well. Also frequently attributed to Milton Berle, as well.

And Forrest Tucker.

Danny Thomas was also a famous “dirty old man” type. I have a friend who used to work in fundraising in NYC, and had the misfortune of being “introduced” to dear old Danny. She had a picture of both of them at a black-tie event…and in the picture, he was grabbing her ass!

[More than you really want to know](http://amiannoyingornot.com/ (jpob5g55aa1uogbxj0ntmln4)/view.aspx?id=7644).

[Golden Girls]Danny Thomas is a lesbian?[/Golden Girls]

Link doesn’t work for me.

The rumor as I heard it is

Mr Thomas got his sexual jollies by watching women defecate. He did this by having them squat on a glass table with him lying underneath watching

To each his own I guess.

Yep. That’s the one I’ve heard, too. Don’t think he ever denied it, either. :smiley:

[spoiler][Obligatory Marlo Thomas comment]

Shat Girl!

[/Obligatory Marlo Thomas comment][/spoiler]

Wonder if it has anything to do with the noodle incident.

I think you’re thinking of Uncle Miltie.

It must’ve been good, cuz I can’t access it from work.

Ew. Minor kinks, you (I) can usually figure out where they come from, and think, oh, okay, whatever – but that gets a serious “ewwwwwww” from me.

The protagonist of Portnoy’s Complaint got off on the same thing, IIRC. Didn’t that come out in 1969 or something? I wonder if the Danny Thomas rumors precede it or not.

He got off on anything that was considered widely distasteful or naughty. I don’t remember him getting off on the Pittsburgh platter, and I just read the book a couple of months ago.

Steve Dahl, 105.9 FM in Chicago 2-7 daily, occasionally refers to “eggs Danny Thomas style” though he never gives the details on air. Based on his oblique references I’d say the answer given above is correct.

I get the image of him eating eggs after a woman has done that on them and I can’t get it out of my mind. No matter how hard I try or how sharp the needle is that I ram in my ear.