'Frequenting' under Idaho law

I stumbled upon a site whose objectives are varied, but includes a section I’ve perused, that being the mugshots of all of the people booked into the Ada County, Idaho jail since November of 2003.

So, what is this “frequenting” charge that several have? I could imagine something, but I’d rather have the straight skinny.

This statute would be similar in nature to Idaho Code 37-2732(d) regarding frequenting a place where drugs are used, held, manufactured or distributed.

I found this quote on google on a website concerning another Idaho bill, so I’m assuming it refers to minors going someplace where drugs or alcohol are used, manufactured, or distributed. hopefully someone smarter than me will come along soon.

When I googled Idaho Code 37-2732(d) I found this.

(d) It shall be unlawful for any person to be present at or on premises
of any place where he knows illegal controlled substances are being
manufactured or cultivated, or are being held for distribution,
transportation, delivery, administration, use, or to be given away. A
violation of this section shall deem those persons guilty of a misdemeanor and
upon conviction shall be punished by a fine of not more than three hundred
dollars ($300) and not more than ninety (90) days in the county jail, or both.

which I think is your answer…

Hanging out “on the scene,” then?

I think it just gives them an excuse to arrest all the druggies hanging out at the drug dealers house.

Furthermore, according to this interview it can be called “frequenting”.

Wouldn’t this violate the Bill of Rights so called “freedom of association” provision? Let’s say I am an anthropologist or a writer and am doing a book on the lives of druggies would I fall under such a provision?

I don’t want to look for it right now but I have in my library a collection of sociological essays and writings and one of them is about a married couple that becomes heavily involved in the drug smuggling business.

The article looks deeply at the society of drug smugglers and the two authors both participate to some degree in the smuggling, and both also used some of the product. I don’t believe either one of them was prosecuted, of course I think they published their work some time after the actual incident’s involved so maybe statute of limitations protected them.

Anyways it’s a good read, try to find it ;).

I don’t think the actual question has been addressed. What constitutes “frequenting” in Boise, Idaho?

My cite mentions the use of “frequenting” in Idaho. Or are you saying that “frequenting” might mean something different in Gem County than in Boise?