Puppy Training: How Long Until Housebroken?

I recently got a 7 week old Golden Retriever puppy, she’s adorable of course. I have had dogs in the past growing up but never one so young. I got the Golden’s for Dummies book, did lots of reading on the internet and so on but I still don’t have a clear picture of how long it might take for her to be completely housebroken.

I’m doing the crate training and its working well. The one thing I really don’t like is how much time she has to spend in there. She gets out in the morning at 7am for about 30 minutes as we get ready for work then back in. My mom comes over at 10:30 to play and let her go outside. I go home for lunch again at 1, then she comes back over around 3:30. We get back home at 5:30 and she gets let out again. She’s back in again by 10:30-11:00pm for the evening.

Considering that schedule and that we are training her “by the book” how long might it take for her to learn that she must only go poop and pee outside?

I look forward to the day where she can come and go to her crate and she pleases but right now (10 weeks old now, I got her at 7) she’s far from it.