Bush voters with sons or daughters 18-25

Your kids have precious few months to get through boot camp and invade Iran! Thank the good lord (in school if you have to) that we now have the opportunity to liberate those heathen muslims from their tyranny of Mullah ruled hostility.

I’m sure that there will be a “scapegoat” coming along soon, you know, someone we can all agree to hate as a nation. Blind hatred of another culture/region/nation needs a face after all. Unless that is, if it’s Osama, that guy’s one elusive bastard. We’ll ignore him for now.

So, morality was your main reason for voting for the Bush rodeo, now’s your chance to prove that American lives are quite worth the risk of forcing a nation into our image of Democracy. Your kids will be proud to lose limbs, their eyesight, their spouses, and their lives for the glory that is “spreading Democracy”. Some call it a crusade, but that’s just for Christians right?

When the time for ethnic cleansing, or “democraticizing” comes, be sure to pack extra body armor with your kids, cause they’ll probablly only lose one leg to a roadside bomb that way. Thank God there are still martyrs among us, otherwise, who would sacrifice many, many, many human lives for the sake of what our barely elected thinks is a “cool idea”?

BTW, this has not happened yet, but it will. I’m willing to entertain wagers so long as they’re legal in our respective locales.

I’ll wager no Iran invasion in the next four years.

How much?

I’ll wager with Bricker on this one, though only if you really mean large scale war: surgical strikes and special op missions don’t count. Iraq was a war of opportunity. Iran actually has a decent military, as well as nuclear material.

Also, even the people against the current regime didn’t take too kindly to us the LAST time we dominated their country. If we didn’t get flowers in Iraq, we’re definately not getting any in Iran.

First off, four years is a damn long time to keep a bet for. Secondly, what do you define an invasion as?

Would you bet that there will be no increased troop presence in Iran within the next 4?

Obviously covert ops are not made public, would you bet that none will surface from prior to today’s date?

If one votes for a pro-invasion president, would it not be hypocritical to expect their of-age child be excluded? This one’s hypothetical, not subjective obviously.

Bricker, have you spoken to somebody about your gambling problem? :wink:

Bricker, sell this one for us, I think he/she’s backing out already!

Simple: the U.S. Marines set foot within the borders of Iran against the will of the current leaders of Iran (no fair if they are there for earthquake relief or something other than toppling the ruling government)

Would you bet that there will be no increased troop presence in Iran within the next 4?
[/quote]

I’m there! I’ll wager you good hard money.

No way! Given that we pull covert ops in a LOT of different places (and we’ve done so on famous occasions in Iran already before!). Sure it’s possible that there will be some. However, that doesn’t fit the moral sanctimony of the OP.

I hear your mouth, I fail to see money.

You say Marines only huh? Air force assaults don’t count, you’re right, that’s not technically an invasion.

I’d like to see one of you nay-sayers give a prediction of what the US won’t do in Iran, surprise nuclear attack and other such lunacy excluded.

Maybe Bricker can make a modest money bet, and all the rest of you can match it (assuming there are no rules being broken, which I think might be).

I’ll ask that people that reply to this thread thinking that I’m a paranoid leftist, copy and paste the following into their reply:

“The US will not undergo any nation building, or ultimately unfounded military actions within Iran while under the command of George W Bush”

I dare you.

BTW, out of context quotes will be revealed as being such.

Hey, throw in the rest. I only picked Marines because it seemed dramatic and easy to define. But sure: if we start carpet bombing Iran, that’s your win too. I can live dangerously.

The US will not undergo any nation building, or ultimately unfounded military actions within Iran while under the command of George W Bush

Though you should probably not include the word “unfounded” in there: that’s a weasel word that helps US, not you.

I very, very much doubt it. No troops to commit. More damn sand in equipment already ground to iron filings. And an American public marching with pitchforks and torches on the White House, howling for Republican blood…so no.

But do I believe that the Bushiviks are dumb enough to allow a “floater” of a threat hang in the air, a threat they have neither the intention nor the capacity to back up? Sure.

Geez guys, drop the rationality! :smack:

We have an administration operating with a political and religious ideology engine close to redline. Rationality plays little to nothing at all in Iraq. It’s all about ideology. Any potential conflict with Iran be all about ideology. Bush has said as much already.

I would be quite surprised if we’re not Iran within four years.

No! Not that stupid! Not that fucking stupid! No! No!

Well, what about the Boxer-Rice sparring during the confirmation hearings? How stupid must you be to deny what you said or did not say when transcripts are available showing you give contradictory responses again and again?

Yes, perhaps that fucking stupid!

I commend you for your committment, but do you just think that this should not happen, or do you believe that it absolutely will not. Wait, I know the answer to that.

The Bushs have no other viable candidates for pres in their lineage, they need to make their horrific mark on history while they can.

If GW has a succesor lined up that will convert the entire world into thinking that country music is actually music, I’m scared. I doubt that will happen, so, the only redneck in authority left is W, therefore, the bleaching of Islam is up to his retarded ass.

At least we found the WMD’s that we justified the war with, otherwise, all credibility would be lost, and then we couldn’t forcefully change other nations.

Terrorism tries to change beliefs and opinions based on fear. “Shock and awe” in the form of murdering the innocent. I guess I can’t find the words that express my distaste for our naions’ methods for “promoting Democray”, when all they do is foster more hat for us, which breeds terrorism.

This type of rant writing is clearly not my forte (that’s your cue to copy and paste my statement), but I feel strongly that I need to say something against this administration that seeks to control not only the way our country operates, but the way the whole world operates.

We no longer live in the land of the free, and neither should anyone else I guess.

FYI, it might be a day or two before I can reply to this thread, since I will be out of town. I’m sure you’ll all be awaiting my return with baited breath. I’ll be back.

OK, look, even if they were that stupid, Colin Powell would stop them, because he’s…excuse me, what?..he did? when?..no shit!?..who!!?

Oh, Lord help us!

You sure about that? The anti-Bush crowd hasn’t had much luck… and I think we got tiki torches instead of storm-the-castle torches. Don’t even get me started on these salad forks “well you can use them to pitch things.” indeed.

I’m willing to bet, if only for fun. Here’s the bet:

If US military forces attack government-controlled or civilian targets within the internationally recognised borders of Iran, prior to January 20th 2009, I win. Otherwise, you win.

Any takers? Any suggestions on the amount? Remember, I’m poor.

1. by which parties

2. define ‘invasion’

satisfactory responses will incur a committment.

Hostile breach of Iranian territorial integrity by the US or an ally of it?