Are Antarctic Krill Edible?

For those of you who don’t know, the antarctic krill is a shrip-like crustacean, who breed in huge numbrs in the Southern Ocean. Their biomass is hug-they are the primary food supply for whales and many species of birds and fish. Years ago, I read about an attempt to harvest the krill-supposedly, you could fish the southern oceans for years, and never run out ofthese cratures. Anyway, do they taste good (to humans)? And, has anyone tried to fish them commercially?
I don’t ever recall seeing krill on sale at my local fish market!

Source: http://www.aad.gov.au/default.asp?casid=1456
Tastes like chicken?

I’ve read (I believe that it was in a National Geographic) that fresh krill taste fine, but when they are frozen and then thawed they turn into a disgusting, fishy-smelling goop.

Probably tastes more like the Chilean Sea Bass.

It was “discovered” comercially in Antarctic waters in the 1980s. Scientists (paid by the fish industry) said there was an infinite supply. Today it’s nearly exticnt due to overfishing. Ecological data gathered in the 60’s probably comes laden with all sorts of assumption (the main one being that sea life breeds just as quickly in the frigid Southern Ocean as it does off the coast of Florida. It doesn’t)