Name the Movies

Sometimes, purely by chance, two or more movies appear at the same time with incredibly similar elements. See if you can name the films (without recourse to the Internet Movie data Base):
1.) In these 1988 movies the villain gets run over by a steamroller at the end, yet survives. (Extra credit: There’s actually a third movie from that year where the villain gets run over by a steamroller, but he’s already dead by then, so you can’t tell if he would’ve survived.)

2.) 1984 movies in which heroine Kate Capshaw sees the villain reach into someone’s chest with his bare hand and pull out the beating heart of his victim. Miraculously, the victim survives this, only to be killed shortly thereafter.

3.) 1968 movies in which an alien artifact is dug up. In the distant past, contact with this artifact triggered a step in human evolution, bringing our aqncesters from man0like ape closer to man. The item is still active, and after being uncovered lets out a shrill noise.

Any others?

1. A Fish called Wanda and Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

I know one of each of the other two questions…

The third movie is The Naked Gun I think.

Number two is *Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom * and Dreamscape.

I have an idea for #3, but I can’t quite think of an artifact that quite works that way…

For #2 I’m thinking Temple of Doom and Dreamscape.

Stupid simulpost.

2001: A Space Odyssey would have to be one of them.

Beat ya by a second. :smiley:

Well if you’re going to give it out to everyone…

is the other one Planet of the Apes? Charlton Heston is a artifact who can be shrill at times…

Amazing how fast you’re getting these! Here’s a fourth, which I found out about on this Board:

Early 1930s movies in which a woman is sacrificed by a primitive tribe to a huge gorilla. After the gorilla carries her off, the American expedition sets out to rescue her.

Hmmm … King Kong is maybe one of those? Dunno the other one though.

Fifth one:
1980s spy dramas in which the plot is to start a war by detonating an atomic device near a NATO base. The movies each star someone who played James Bond.

Would they be King Kong and Mighty Joe Young? Or possibly Son of Kong?

The Fourth Protocol - Pierce Brosnan
Is the other one the one with Roger Moore as an eccentric guy who loves cats? (Best I can do without IMDb)

Nope. All three movies had the same producers (and actors and crew), and the dates are wrong. Mighty Joe Young was 1949!

The other movie I’m thinking of had no connection with Kong, and I really do think the plot similarity a coincidence.

2001 and Quatermass and the Pit (I think that’s the title. The one with the giant fascist grasshoppers from Mars.)

Nope. That one was about detonating a North Sea drilling platform. No nukes. It was, IIRC, ffolkes (I never understood the small “f”)

The Fourth Protocol starring Pierce Brosnan and, umm, some other movie

Crap, I type way too slow.

Octopussy ?

#3: 2001, A Space Odyssey, as mentioned, and indeed Planet of the Apes: Heston finds a human baby doll which lets out a cry as he picks it up, giving him first hint of the true horror hehind his nightmare.

Nope Miss Mapp got it – 2001 and Quatermass and the Pit (in the U.S., Five Million Years to Earth)

Correct!