Where might I find telephone ring sounds from around the world?

I got a new cell phone the other day (a Nokia). When I was setting it up, I found out that there isn’t a ringtone that sounds like a (wait for it) telephone ring. I listened to all the preloaded tones, and all the sounds on Tzone (T-Mobile’s media download site that I can get to through my phone). I don’t want a Jay-Z song, I don’t want a Geiger counter, and I certainly don’t want a rooster crowing when I get an incoming call. I want my phone to sound like a phone.

Then I started to think, and I remembered that in all the other countries I’ve ever visited, the phones have different ringing sounds. I thought it’d be kind of cool to have one of those on my phone. Something different, but it’s still a ring. I’ve searched the internet a bit to find ringtones from around the world, and the best I’ve found so far is this site, which has sounds for every noise a phone can make except a ringtone.

Does anyone have any idea where I might find something like this?

Here’s exactly what you’re not looking for.

You might be able to edit it into something you like, though. :slight_smile:

Thanks, maybe I’ll try that when I get home. Even if it’s not what I’m looking for, it’s probably closer than the other stuff I’ve found. It just seems weird to me that someone who’s interested enough in phones to record busy signals, “call cannot be completed” sounds, etc, would record everything except incoming call ringtones.

Maybe I just need to take a tape recorder on my next international trip.

I want the 24 CTU ringtone.

Ba baaa bee doo.