I have new carpet! And i just spilled melted red popsicle on it..How to get it out??

Only in the movies, and to me. I’ve never spilled anything in that room, then I put in new carpet and it took about 4 hours to forget about the cherry popsicle I had set near my keyboard, and melted and dripped on my new carpet. It’s about the color of a keyboard, sorta grayish to whiteish.

So, i tried using carpet cleaner, but that just made it lighter and bigger. Now I’ve got a spot the size of a small hand, but it is pink instead of red.

I’m looking for something else to get the pink out of it now. Any suggestions??

I’ve had good luck with carpet cleaning with that Oxy-clean stuff. Think it’s available just about everywhere.

I second the Oxy-type cleaner. I keep a spray-bottle version just for carpets and upholstery.

A bit late now but** first thing is to try to remove as much of the spilled liquid with paper towels or similar absorbent material**.

Then apply any of the carpet cleaners, following the directions carefully. My wife likes the Oxy-Clean for carpet product too.

Is oxy-clean available in a grocery store?? is that a brand name?

I screwed it up, i didn’t blot it enough, and started doing the little circles that worked on the little tiny spots. It just spread.
I usually have one of those hard plastic office things under the chair in that room in front of the computer to slide around better, but hadn’t yet moved it in. Man, makes me so po’d.

From now on I’ll go outside and eat my popsicles on the front stoop like when I was a kid. :mad:

We’ve had very good luck getting out “impossible” stains with Resolve stain remover.

In the future, you might want to try Popsicle brand “Great White” popsicles. “NO COLOR! NO MESS!”

I understand your pain.

We had stragetically moved all the furniture in the room to cover the assorted grease, cola, blood, tar and dirt stains ( this was before kids!) and our in-laws dog, a wonderful gentlemanly of a mutt, walks in from his afternoon’s constitutional of eating all the grass he can stuff down his gullet and horks up a grass wad right onto the only place we cannot put a peice of furniture to cover the transgressions. That stain was the second hardest to try to get out - we never did - but Cola ( coke you bastids!) is absolutely imprenatrable.

I would like to state that you need to keep the spot damp to keep the stain from setting, JMHO. Just a wet wash cloth over it while you get your ducks in a row.
Good luck!

You can tell it’s getting toward summer here. I read the thread title and just instantly went, “Mmmm…red popsicle…” and that was the end of that.

I find that the aerosol can Resolve is at least twice as effective as the spray bottle version. I managed to clear up a nasty oil stain using the can, but the spray was quite worthless.

I’ve had good luck with Resolve on red wine stains that are several days old, so it might do the trick on the ol’ popsicle.

(On a tangential note, one of the things I love about my couch is that it has a very elaborate pattern that it mostly wine-colored. Perfect for the clumsy wino on your Xmas list.)

Another vote for OxiClean.

I’ve gotten wine stains and ink stains out with it no problem. The one thing I could not get out of the carpet with it was red Kool-Aid (so, I’m hoping a popsicle isn’t basically frozen Kool-Aid, or you might be SOL.)

I tried everything to get that Kool-Aid out, Resolve, 409, OxiClean, some professional stuff, Bleach, every kind of detergent I could think of, then I tried them all again 5 or 6 times after that. I was left with a super clean capret area around a big pink stain.

Good luck!

yesterday on the way home form work I picked up Oxi-KIC (Keep It Clean) from Bissel, not sure if it’s the same stuff. Tried it and it got 90% out. Came home today and it really looks good when I put it on, then as it dries the red fades back in…so we’ll see how it looks tomorrow. Maybe another shot and it’ll do it. I could live with it like this, not too bad.

No, never heard of those Great White popsicles. Yes, I eat popsicles–15 calories per sugar-free pop, not bad. That red dye # 2 should be outlawed!

I tried to get a red stain (cherry NyQuil) out of a beige carpet with Oxyclean, Resolve, and several other carpet cleaners and after about 40 tries gave up and replaced the carpet. The OxyClean would fade the stain, but as soon as it dried, the stain would come back.

I hope popsicle is easier to get out. Good luck!

Go to Home Depot and ask for their strongest carpet stain remover. I think it’s called “Acrue” or something like that.

We used it to get dried red nail polish out of beige carpet. I image it would work on red dye. Test a little first.

Zout.