Need a 56-inch vanity for my bathroom

I’m replacing an oddly-sized vanity as part of a bathroom renovation. The standard sizes for vanities are 48" and 60", but for some reason, the developers who renovated these condos decided to use a standard no one would be able to replace with vanities from Lowe’s or Home Depot. Thanks, guys!

Is there any place I might be able to find a 56-inch-wide vanity? The contractor said he couldn’t get one and we’ll replace it with a 48-inch vanity and leave a gap if we can’t find one. I turn to the Dopers in hopes of getting an extra 8 inches of counterspace.

Let’s clarify. Are you talking about replacing a vanity cabinet, or a vanity countertop, or both? A cabinet of nonstandard width can be replaced with something standard, filler strips being added on either side. A 48" base cabinet with two 6" fillers, scribed and cut to fit will look nice. Regarding countertop, cultured marble, solid surfacing, solid surfacing veneer and high pressure laminate can all be ordered to exact size, although trimming and fitting may be required for proper appearance.