I need a new PC game - suggestions!!!

I need a new PC game! I’m looking for an FPS, a game filled with action, violence, and preferably lots of blood. If not an FPS, then maybe some kind of Max Payne-esque third person game. I’m not a fan of sword-and-sworcery RPG games so no elf-magic-wizard shit please.

Have you tried the Call of Duty series? Call of Duty II is due out soon.

Battlefield 2 is exactly what you’re looking for.

Battlefield 2 seconded. That is, if you’re looking for an online multiplayer squad-based FPS with a lot of emphasis on vehicles. If that’s what you’re into, it’s a lot of fun.

If you’re after single player, I’ve just discovered Freedom Fighters. It’s simple (as in 3 commands) squad based action. It’s pretty fun commanding and being in the middle of a 5 on 30 firefight in the middle of Soviet controlled New York streets!

It’s pretty short, but it’s a couple of years old so it’ll be cheap and run perfectly on any current computer.

I also recommend this. I didn’t think anybody could make better WW2 FPS than Medal Of Honor, but they did it.

Serious Sam 1 & 2 - can be had dirt cheap on Amazon (especially used). Very, very fun games - ridiculous amounts of enemies and weapons, frenetic gameplay, non-stop mayhem, cool backdrops.

Painkiller - more recent, beautiful graphics, extremely fun gameplay. Sort of like an arcade game but with 2005 technology.

I’ll second Call of Duty and it’s expansion pack, United Offensive. The game has flaws, but it’s also very fun and well made.

Battlefield 2 is a great game, but you need top a top of the line video card to run it. SWAT 4 is pretty good, little different then the same old WWII game

You want Serious Sam 2. And if you don’t have UT2004, go for that.

UT 2004 is the way to go. The Mod community has made dozens of game modfications, so if you want WWII combat. try the Red Orchestra mod; if you like modern tactics there is Frag Ops; aerial combat is found in AirPower; and the standalone game has several modes such as Assault, Onslaught, and Invasion.

Argent Towers, are you an online type person, or do you prefer to play single player? Also, give us some examples of games you like - that’ll help us figure out suggestions.

GTA San Andreas.

kinda what you are looking for and god damn is it frakin fun. I normally dont play single player games but this one has me working on it a second time through, trying to get a 100% completion.

I prefer single-player games.

My favorite FPS is probably Half-Life 2, followed by Doom 3 and Painkiller. I like Max Paynes 2 and 1, and I excitely await the release of F.E.A.R. and STALKER.

I don’t know if it has to be new, but the **No One Lives Forever ** games quite fun.

If you’ve never played Deus Ex, get it. If you’ve never played System Shock 2, get that too.

You want blood and violence? Then I’ll suggest Soldier of Fortune II and Postal 2.

It’s hard to say which is gorier—though I’d say SoF is more realistic and detailed, while Postal has a wider variety of gore and weaponry, plus a wicked, over-the-top sense of humor. And while SoF is more a conventional FPS—which, believe me, is not a detriment, for it pulls it off terrifically—Postal has a looser, free-roaming format.

They’re both a couple of years old, so the graphics and gameplay aren’t super top of the line, but they’re still very fun. Plus, they’re available for Windows and the Mac, and you won’t have to upgrade your video card just to load the main screen.

Demos are available for each, so you can see for yourself. I give 'em each four skulls.

I’m going to suggest possibly expanding your horizons. Richard Burns rally racing is a great auto racing sim. But don’t try playing it without a proper wheel and pedals, you’ll just hurt yourself.

Priates! is a lot of fun too. Great storyline, very open ended, hours of fun.

Silent Hunter III has kept me busy for hours at a time, for days on end. Can be set to totally ultra realistic or to an arcade type level to make it easy and fun. One guy is even being crazy enough to play a patrol with no time compression.

Just something a little different than FPS