Is there anywhere I can watch the surprise ending of St. Elsewhere?

You know, the surprise ending of the series in the last five minutes of the last episode. I can’t find any downloadable file on Limewire or anything on Google.

Just, like, see it.

Hmm. The only place I’ve ever seen it since the day it aired is in my brain.

Do you know what happens?

–Cliffy

Yep, I just wanted to see it. Sounds so weird, but I have no interest in the show.

I’ll just get the dvd, I suppose.

Can someone put the ending in a spoiler tag or something? I feel so left out here. :stuck_out_tongue:

It turns out the entire show took place in the mind of an autistic child, who daydreamed the events for entertainment.

It turns out that the hospital and everyone in it really was the daydream of an autistic child.

That’s the most retarded thing I’ve ever heard of. You guys aren’t kidding me?

Interesting choice of words, but, yes, that’s how it ended.

Better not tell him about Bob Newhart. :wink:

That was a great ending!

Yeah I know, but retarded was the only word that did my thoughts justice. Let’s replace it with bizarre. Do I even want to know about Newhart?

Newhart refuses to sell the inn to the Japanese. He gets hit in the head with a golf ball (his inn is now a hazard on a golf course) and when he wakes up, he’s in bed with Suzanne Pleshette on the set of the 70s Bob Newhart Show. The entire run of Newhart was a dream!

“I Love the 80s: 3D” showed the ending. I forgot which year it’s in, but if you watch the endless reruns, you’re bound to catch it eventually.

Newhart was a comedy though, the other ending just strikes me as seriously odd.

I’ll give you that, but you have to give them credit for trying something different.

Absolutely- unlike w/ Dallas, when they just did the shower surprise thing to set things back to the way they were before that season. That’s lame.

Didn’t Roseanne “write” the last season of her show?

That’s true. I now share the same desire as the OP to see the clip.

I’m curious here, was the ending a big deal? Was it all over TV guide or something? Or did people take it in stride?

???At the very end, wasn’t the autistic boy staring at a snowglobe with the building of St. Eligias (sp?) inside it????

Wikipedia says so.