movie quotes you use

What quotes from movies do you actually use when interacting with other humanoids??

I’m not talking about the greatest quotes from movies – “There’s no place like home,” “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damm”-- but ones that you can bring up when the need arises.

Here are two of mine:

“A man’s got to know his limitations” Clint, Magnum Force.

and

“I keep my friends close and my enemies closer.” Pacino in God Father II but I still speak those lines in a cheesy-Brando-Don Corleone accent simply because it seems to work better. Try it you’ll see what I mean.

I use this one from Fight Club quite often - “We are a generation of men raised by women.”

Then there’s this one from Chasing Amy which I use when I’m talking to someone with a pissy attitude - “Well, who pissed in your cereal?”

Vandal-

I heard that quote from movie years ago, I think before Chasing Amy, and it went, ‘Sheesh, who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?’.

Can’t remember the movie, but I use that one alot.

“You just keep thinking, Butch, that’s what you’re good at,” Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid

Perfect for when someone over-analyzes a situation.

Christ. Somebody already mentioned Fight Club.

My SO is trying to find a way to communicate only in Fight Club quotes.

“What if this is as good as it gets?”

-From movie "As Good as it Gets"

Look! Combination cooker and coffee maker, also makes Julien fries, will not break, will not – It broke
–Aladdin.

I use it all the time…

You can’t do that. She’s …old.
-Happy Gilmore
Usually just the “shes old” part in the adam sandler voice

“No reason…I just like doing things like that.”
-the Warriors

“You know nothing you little weasel!”
-Modern Romance

and, of course, the indispensible: “Yippee-Kai-Yay, mother-fucker.”
-Die Hard

SO and I are always using movie quotes, but Bull Durham always plays a large role in our normal banter. Hmmmm…almost all Crash Davis, too!

“What do you mean William Blake?”
“Um, you know, knock, knock–come in?!”
“Don’t you think that’s a little excessive for the Carolina league?”
[Charlie, here comes the deuce]…and when you speak of me, speak well.”
“I don’t know where he’s going to throw it–swear to God.”
“So is somebody gonna sleep with somebody or what?”
From other movies of great fandom in our household:

A Hard Day’s Night

“He’s very clean.”
“Afterall its his train, isn’t it?”
“Mister, mister? Can we have our ball back?”
“Down the eh…Oh, down the eh. Yeah, down the eh. Well, that’s alright then–give him a few minutes.”
“I’ll bind him to me with promises.”
“He’s consealed about me person.”
“He’s a swine…isn’t he, George? (Yeah, swine.)”

Star Wars I: Phantom Menace

Done in Jar-Jarese
“Whoa, yousa guys bombad!”
“Me no watchen!”
“Hey wait!”
(And allusions to Jedi mind tricks)

Filmphile,
Peta T.

You’re a swine…isn’t he, George?”
(my bad)

For sheer all-purpose don’t-have-to-think-just-say-it-iveness:

“Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son.”

“My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.”

“The time has come for someone to put his foot down on those guys…and that foot is me.”
And…for every time you and your graduate degree get stuck with some bullshit job:
“Seven years of college down the drain.”

“That’ll do, pig.” Sometimes spoken a la Farmer Hoggett, sometimes crooned a la Peter Gabriel.

“I don’t laugh all day long like an idiot, if that’s what you mean.” Various words get substituted for laugh now and again.

Whenever someone says something like, “Surely you can’t be serious!” to you, always always ALWAYS respond with, “I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley.” Ya gotta love Airplane.

My sister and I can choose any random scene from A Hard Day’s Night or Help! and go back and forth, and not miss a line. Well, we used to. I don’t know if we can still do it, it’s been a while.

“Do I make you horny?” - Austin Powers, International Man of Mystery

“Are you touching my ass?” - Night at the Roxbury

“37!?” - Clerks

“where’s the commode in this dungeon? i gotta take a squirt.”

“oh i think my bunny slippers just ran for cover! c’mon, scare me, girl!”

• from disney’s Mulan

“disHONAH! cricket, make a note of this… dishonah on YOU, dishonah on ya COW…”

• also from Mulan

grin
can you tell i live in a house with kids? heh.

magpie

My brother and I can go on for hours reciting lines from most movies out in the last 20 years or so. It’s a little pathetic, and people look at us funny when we’re doing it in public. Even our mom thinks we’re a little wierd.

But movie freaks gaze in awe.

The entire script to Clue. Including whole exchanges between Colonel Mustard and Wadsworth sometimes. The ones I end up hearing in my conversations a lot are:

Miss Scarlet: “Why is the car stopped?”
Prof. Plum: “It’s frightened.”

Col. Mustard: “Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?”
Wadsworth: “You don’t need any help from me, sir.”
Col. Mustard: “That’s right!”

Wadsworth: “Well, to make a long story short—”
Col. Mustard: “Too late.”

Mr. Green: “Who would want to kill the cook?”
Miss Scarlet: “Dinner wasn’t that bad.”

Prof. Plum: “There’s no need to shout.”
Wadsworth: “I’m not shouting!” [pause] “All right, I am. I’m shouting! I’m shouting! I’m shou—” [thump!]

Cop: “This man is drunk. Dead drunk.”
Miss Scarlet: “Dead right.”

Mrs. White: “What do you mean, don’t deny it? I’m not denying anything.”
Wadsworth: “Another denial!”

Col. Mustard: “There’s still one thing I don’t understand.”
Mrs. White: “One thing?”

Wadsworth: “And monkey’s brains, though popular in Cantonese cuisine, are not often to be found in Washington, D.C.!”

Mrs. White: “Yes, I did it. I killed Yvette. I hated her… so much. It – it – the fee – flames – flames… on the side of my face, breathing – breathle – heaving breaths, heaving…”

(Also, being a complete dweeb, I can’t help but inject a few Monty Python and the Holy Grail lines into my daily patter…)