What Drink Makes You Have To Pee The Quickest?

Maybe a stupid question, but a friend and I were talking and we both agreed - iced tea…after one glass I am doing a mad dash for the restroom.

Beer, wine, coffee, water, cola…no problem. But iced tea? Off and running!

Iced tea is my drink. I chug the stuff all day long and I…excuse me I have to step out for a minute.

Coffee. Followed on the pee-readiness scale by wine or cider. Don’t usually have the same urgency with either hot or iced tea.

My son had to pee for a pre-employment drug test. The tech in charge of the test said that for people that have a hard time producing urine for it, she advises them to drink Mountain Dew. She says it has some chemical that stimulates urine production.

Orange soda. Back in high school, we used to game at this one guy’s house, and that’s what he always had on hand to drink. Its astonishing effectiveness as a diuretic became something of a running joke…

Coffee tends to be another biggie, depending on how quickly I guzzle it.

And of course, the old standby–good old water. For some reason it tends to go through me like… well, you know.

Yeah, caffeine.

[

](http://mountaindew.com/about_dew/product_info/md.php)

The nonsense that people make up. “A chemical”, indeed. Next someone will say that Mountain Dew makes your testicles shrink…

Nobody has mentioned beer (other then the OP)? Besides the volume of the beer itself, alcohol is a diuretic.

Believe it or not, I think just plain old water does it for me. While caffeine and alcohol are diuretics, they do eventually kind of dry you up, whereas water doesn’t.

Hard to tell, though, because I’m usually under the influence of either caffeine or alcohol. :smiley:

Coffee. I go every 15 minutes until an hour after my last cup. Drives me nuts!

Coffee for me as well. I think it’s particularly effective because I drink it so rarely, but when I do, I have to go within about 10 minutes, usually. The sad part is that that 10 minutes is usually on a highway, 9 minutes from a rest stop - BEHIND me. :wink:

I can drink coffee all day withou peeing (though it makes me run to the restroom for other reasons), but diet coke runs right through me.

Alcohol, especially beer.

For me, tea – hot tea – comes first; iced tea doesn’t have the same effect for no known reason. I can drink coffee all day without it making me need to pee. But mostly just plain water is what I drink; it’s definitely a good diuretic.

Hard cider. The first time I had a bottle of it at a concert, I thought it was just a coincidence, but I had to run to the bathroom twice in 30 minutes…makes a great impression on a date! But I figured it was just me…I’m always a fairly frequent bathroom-goer as it is…never pass up an opportunity and all that. But the second time I had a hard cider confirmed it…two trips in a short span of time with great urgency, and then we had to stop at a gas station on the way home (even though I went before we left the Beachland Ballroom). Nothing else I have ever drunk has had that effect.

Water for me. Though coffee, tea, and soda are close runners up.

Hot tea does it for me. I can remember one recent night when I had 4 mugs somewhat quickly…I had to fully pee 7 times in two hours!
It’s the kind of odd funny that you don’t think you’ll ever share with anyone…

Coffee, beer, iced tea, in that order.

Beer. A few sips, and I Really Have To Go. I can drink soda, coffee, and tea throughout the day with no need to go except right before bed, but I can’t hold it when I involve beer in the mix.

Is this premise flawed? From the wide variety of firmly expressed answers, it looks to me like liquid’s liquid and it all makes you piss equally copiously and quickly.

Cranberry juice gets me going.