Who do so many men want to have sex with young boys?

This story is of course shocking, mostly because of the risks that this guy took actually giving out his office phone number to a child. http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060404/BREAKING/60404013

The sex part isn’t as shocking anymore because of the Dateline (I think is was Dateline) stories where they lured predators over the internet posing as young children to a house and then arrested them. What was shocking was the endless stream of men that took the bait. If there were that many responding to these fake postings how many more are out there?

In a book I was reading about women in the middle east, one of them said when she went running in the park (completely covered of course) she would have her bodyguard run ahead of her for protection. But, she finally had to make him wait in the car because he was approached several times each day during her run by men wanting sex.

And of course we all know about priests and probably believe that not all of the pedophiles were uncovered and there are probably many more who were never caught.

And we all know about men in prison.

In my mind, I can explain the last three because those man are deprived of any opportunities for sex or women are just unavailable. But so many of the men CBS caught on camera were just normal-appearing men who led ordinary lives by all accounts. I can understand a few deviants, but these large numbers were frankly shocking.

I do know that with men, they act out in sexual ways if they are put in very stressful situations where they can’t cope. When I worked in San Francisco, one day on the way to the office I came upon what appeared to be a young Vietnamese man running around in a parking area and tying his penis to car bumpers; then he would untie it and go on to the next. He appeared delusional.
These people, dumped into an alien culture, had a hard time adjusting. I guess this was one result.

I know in Rome, again not an expert, but I understand that it was acceptable for men to be with young boys. So does this mean that it’s natural and if there are not laws, or cultural barriers that this behavior will come to the fore?

Another thing that has to be entered into the forumla in some fashion is just the amount of desperation. I’ll bet a guy in this situation doesn’t want to do what he’s doing, but it’s a lot of hormones surging that make the idea attractive at the moment. Of course, it’s also some complete sick fucks that like children. As you pointed out, it’s existed in cultures all throughout time. Notice how Greek statues don’t have much body hair. The mark (or lack thereof) of sexual maturity.
As for prison, I’ve heard a theory on that. For the most part, guys in jail aren’t homosexuals, they’re just doing whatever they can sexually at the moment. Crazy lives go on behind those walls. I’m sure there are some rather sordid tales on the internets.

From your story, bolding mine–

Why are you asking questions about sex with boys?

It made me think about the issue of perversion and how hard it is for me to understand the attraction to young boys especially. Other than just calling them a sick pervert, which is really no reason, I guess I was hoping someone could shed some light on it.

I’ve given some thought to moving this thread to GD. However, given the subject and the phrasing of the OP, that’s probably a bad idea.

Moved from IMHO to the Pit.

Yeah, but the guy was trying to have sex with a Girl. What do boys have to do with it?

Wait, so this women had a body guard who was a young boy?

And what do “we all know” about men in prison?

Are you actually talking about men who want to have sex with young boys, or just men who want to have sex with other men?

I can’t resist any longer: he was tying his penis in a knot around a car bumper?

No shit, Sherlock.

Maybe he was one of these guys.

You made me really laugh, Frank. No, he had a rope tied to his penis and he was tying and untying the other end to the car bumpers. He would tie it and then dance around before untying it.

I think I’m going to bow out of this question now. No one seems to be really interested in the subject.

Suez, you did not choose to put this in the pit so I won’t give you a pit type answer. First of all, I don’t know what you mean by “so many men”. Are you sure a lot of men like to have sex with young boys or could it be that it is considered such a heinous act that every instance of it is reported ad nausium?

Second, I doubt you have spent much time in a mens correctional facility, so you have no first hand knowledge of the amount of sexual activity that actually occurs. I would be willing to bet that it is less than you think. To put it bluntly we all certainly do not know about men in prison, and we should not base our beliefs on what we see on tv.

Maybe you should consider whether this is such a problem or whether you have just gotten cought up in the evilness of our time as hyped by the media.

[

](http://store.martialartsmart.net/prjt001.html)[RIGHT]{DarkRed}=CMC[/RIGHT]
I am soo underusing my penis. :frowning:

Sample bias: if you set a trap for sexual predators, you’re going to catch sexual predators. Doesn’t say anything about the number {or percentage} of non-sexual predators out there. And quantify “endless”: 10? 100? 1000? Out of a potential respondent size of how many?

Was her bodyguard a young boy? If not, how does the fact that some Middle Eastern Men are apparently homosexual and cruise the parks relate to your OP? {And, because I can’t resist, quis custodiet ipsos custodes?}

Back up the truck, there: what do “we” all know about priests? That some of them are sexual predators? Granted, sure, but some accountants are probably sexual predators too: just less likely to receive publicity as a profession.

Sorry, but these sweeping “we all know” statements just aren’t cutting it: a weak and confused OP, which can be summarised as "Some men are homosexual predatory child abusers. This is a bad thing."and I’m giving it a 4 on the “I hope they all get prison raped by 300 pound Samoan transvestites”* scale of outrage.

*No offence to Samoans, transvestites, or those who weigh 300 pounds is intended or should be inferred. E&OE

Performance art?

Now that the OP has abandoned the subject, we can move on to something much more interesting: Why do so many men want an Iron Penis? Though maybe the training is more fun than it appears at first glance.

I hope that’s the case.

I did unfortunately have the experience of knowing two men sentenced to state prison who told me their experiences and what they observed as far as sexual relations between inmates. The young and weak were preyed upon. It happened as often as they could get away with it; and apparently the guards didn’t intervene, at least where they were. I was young and thought a lot of stupid things about how people can change (they usually can’t) and listened to their stories as if I was unbiased and objective, when I was really revolted. I stepped into this situation unwittingly and don’t even like to remember the experience; however, that was where my view of what goes on in prison came from.

I know I strayed off the topic of young boys, so that was confusing. I think that this is really not the place for this question because it can’t be a matter of opinion; but, a matter of numbers and if there really has been an increase in this behavior or desire for this behavior or not.

suezeekay, you have been around these boards for a few years now, and I’m sure in that time you have read plenty of threads that have addressed the problem of paedophelia. I’m also certain that you have picked up on the protocols of the board to the extent that making sweeping generalisations is mostly frowned upon unless backed up with verifiable cites.

In your OP today you seem to have been swept up into some sort of emotional whirlwind and have not given any thought whatsoever to the credibility (or lack thereof) of your information sources.

I would suggest you sit down, think about the questions you have asked here, think about ‘most men’ that you know, and then ask YOURSELF whether you really think that ‘so many men’ are deserving of the scorn you are heaping upon them.

Except the guy who ties his willy to the bumper bar of course. That’s just sick. :smiley:

Y’know that time I said “I’ll try anything once”? I’d just like to qualify that statement a little, if I may…

To the OP, it’s a tricky question, not because it is difficult to answer but because the answer is difficult to deal with.

The answer: Because they do.

In other words we make a distinction between sexuality that is aberrant and that which is acceptable. In the cold light of day the distinction is arbitrary, once you move past the idea that sexuality is primarily about reproduction.