Why does Cotton keep coming off on my Penis?

It all started when I bought a blue cotton bathrobe from Robinsons-May.

I would notice, usually after coming out of the shower, but also sometimes after peeing (more on this later), that bits of blue cotton thread would stick to the head of my penis.

I thought it was a faulty robe.

But then, the really bizarre started happening.

I would go for days without wearing the robe, and yet I would still notice the little unwelcome blue adornments right on the glans, just above the urethra opening.

Now I also wear cotton boxer-brief underwear. Yet I have been wearing this particular type for about a year without ever experiencing this, and now all this. (before that, I had more boxer-shorts-type boxers, that were also cotton, but had that smoother texture about them. These are slightly more fuzzy in texture)

My theory is it has something to do with moisture attraction, and that little pee droplet or two that lingers even after shaking it off is what has been causing it. Lately I have been extra diligent about taking a square of toilet paper to make sure it’s really dry after urinating (something I’ve never done. The shake was always good enough), but it still seems to happen sometimes.

This is just perplexing to me. What’s going on?

You are genetically mutating, and will soon be able to impregnate cotton.

What am I gonna do with a cotton baby?

You will soon have cotton balls.

People, I think we are witnessing the birth of a new SDMB In-Joke: Rigamarole and his Cotton-Pickin’ Penis.

More seriously, it is probably wetness but it could also be static cling, which is associated with dryness.

Keep it up, and soon your willie will have a hoodie.

I was going to suggest moisture and perhaps movement of the foreskin trapping a bit of fluff underneath, but as Americans, are perhaps a great deal of you (men) circumcised?

Reminds me (as an aside) of the story about Whitely Strieber I read in the “X-Files Book of the unexplained”. The alien implant he thought he had found in his penis that came out when urinating, was actually a bit of cotton from his undies that had got up his urethra and calcified :smiley:

First sign of impotence. :eek:

Kill fi’tty men and your behaviour might seem a bit strange, too.

[LOTR geek joke]
Sam Gamgee had this problem too.
[/LOTR geek joke]

Almost all cotton will produce lint to some degree, which will adhere to any surface that’s even slightly moist. (Your skin should naturally have some slight degree of moisture to it to be healthy – not sticky to the touch or beading water/sweat, but also not arid either.)

Most likely what has been happening is that because of the bright blue color of the robe, the natural lint that sticks to moist skin, discolors, and flakes off without being noticed, happened to be noticeable. And, like the coincidence where someone mentions a 20-year-old song on here and you then hear it three times within a few days, you have been “sensitized” by noticing the bright blue penis-tip fuzz to now notice what might have been unnoticed before – the little particles of lint from other cotton clothes.

Buy a pink bathrobe

LOL. Fortunately Samwise had never come in contact with the Palm family.

Maybe Hal Briston have some tips on avoiding this problem?

OMF’nG… that one gave me a belly laugh.

Thank you, thank you, thank you… best one I have heard in ages! :smiley:

The reason Cotton keeps coming off on your Penis is that you are capitalizing them both. Stop it and your problem should be much less noticeable.

Perhaps it’s not some cotton or a penis, but the fundamental concept of Cotton and Penis.

Yes… uh I think you encapsulated perfectly what I was trying to say.