Mis-named movies

What movies have a blatant error in the title?

Birdman Of Alcatraz except that Stroud spends most of the film in Leavenworth. And that’s where all his bird-keeping activity is done. He only tranferred to Alcatraz at the end of the film, and he’s not allowed to keep birds there. Why isn’t it called Birdman Of Leavenworth then?

Krakatoa, East of Java erm, west, actually.

Any others?

…The Attack Of THE
THE Eye Creatures (1965)

You’d think that a movie with the title **Burnt Offerings ** would have at least one, uh, you know, burnt offering in it. Or someone burning. Or a human sacrifice or something.

Alas, no. Nothing of the sort.

In defense of the film Birdman of Alcatraz, it was, iirc, the title of the (highly fictionalized) book (bio or autobio?) about Stroud which preceded the movie.

Sir Rhosis

[http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102511/](Naked Lunch)

I can think of at least two things wrong with that title.

Naked Lunch

I can think of at least two things wrong with that title.

This time, I actually linked!

In Abbot and Costello go to Mars Bud and Lou don’t go to Mars

Happiness - Decidedly not, from what I’ve heard…

All the wrigglers in Snakes on a Plane are actually eels with prosthetics.

OK, not really.

You’ll Swear It’s An
An Optical Illusion…
BUT IT’S REAL!!!
:eek: :smiley:

Screenshot from MST3k Picture Archive

Marx Brothers - Duck Soup. Despite the title, this is not a movie about cooking. In fact, I don’t think there’s any mention of soup at all. Or ducks.

Marx Brothers - Horse Feathers. OK, I’ve checked, and there are no feathers in it. No horses either, I believe. This one does have a duck, though.

Marx Brothers - Animal Crackers. Nope, not a lot going on here related to crackers. Or animals.

“To Kill a Mockingbird” had no useful information on how to kill a mockingbird…

Except in the opening title shot.

“Duck soup” used to mean “a piece of cake” or “like falling off a log,” ie: running a country was easy if done Marx Bros. style. I guess. Similarly, “horse feathers” was an expression of disbelief (see also “applesauce”).

Sgt. York – though closely adhering to the actual story of the WWI hero, York was actually a corporal at the time of his exploits. “Sgt.” sounds better as a movie title, though.

The Omen [trilogy] – you can have centuries’ worth of ominous portents and omens of the coming Antichrist without anything amounting from it. What the victims in these movies are dealing with aren’t any weak-ass omens, but the actual living Antichrist himself. The signifier has finally yielded to the signified, and he’s a total badass. (Omens of the Antichrist don’t kill; only the Antichrist and his evil minions kill…)

**Fight Club ** – 'cause they’re breaking Fight Club rules #s 1-3 to even call the movie “Fight Club,” as opposed to something like “The Soap Factory”. :smiley:

Jesse James actually meets Frankenstein’s grand-daughter!

You could include 12 Angry Men in this category. There are eleven angry men. The Henry Fonda character (Mr Davis) is cool, calm, civil, polite and rational all the way through. Which is kinda the point.

*The Greatest Show on Earth

The Greatest Story Ever Told*

Ready to Rumble - clearly they were not ready to rumble.

Can’t Stop the Music - oh yes they could.

Mr. Skeffington - been a while since I’ve seen it but IIRC it’s really about Mrs Skeffington.

Star Trek V was named Star Trek V instead of Shatner Takes a Huge Dump All Over the ST Franchise.

The Neverending Story