Series on BBC starring Sean Bean - new?

I got a quick glimpse of a new series which will start showing on BBC America tomorrow night, June 3. It’s called Sharpe’s Eagle, if I remember correctly. Looks like it’s set during the Napoleonic wars.

Sean Bean looked freaking hot in the clip they used to promote the series, and I love me some Sean Bean! I’m going to be gone for the next two weeks, so I’m setting up the DVR to record this. Has anyone seen this series? Is it new, or just new to America?

New to America, methinks. Bean’s played Sharpe for a while.

Definitely just new to the US. Sharpe’s Eagle was made in 1993.

I have sat through so many horrible, *horrible * movies for Sean Bean.

Is Sharpe’s Eagle any good, then? I’d like the series itself to be watchable. Even if it’s not, I’ll be doing the same as you, DianaG. What we won’t do for our Bean fix, eh?

The Sharpe’s series with Sean Bean is one of the best TV series ever. Especially the first dozen or so of them. If you thought Sean Bean was a tough hero in LotR or anything else wait till you see Sharpe.

Sharpe’s Rifles to Sharpe’s Waterloo is some of the best British tv ever, and that is from a fan of British Comedy and Sci Fi who isn’t a great fan of War or History films.

Second the rec. The Sharpe series is great, both in book form and the movies made from them.

Sharpe’s Challenge, sucked hard. I really enjoyed the Sharpe series (up until and including “Waterloo”), but the final outing is a desperation move by ITV who are seriously falling behind in the ratings war with the BBC.

I don’t think I’d go as far as to say that Sharpe is the best British TV ever, it is however, extremely enjoyable with some really good characters.

Netflix has all the DVDs, incidentally.

I enjoyed all of these except Sharpe’s Justice. That one stunk - the story didn’t come from the books and had Sharpe acting totally out of character (even allowing that the TV Sharpe isn’t as tough as the Sharpe in the books). I hate to hear that **Challenge **isn’t good - I was looking forward to it.

I only wish the DVDs were subtitled. I have a hard time with the accents, and I’ve had to watch many a scene repeatedly to catch what they’re saying. Especially Sean Bean. I can’t understand a bloody word he says, but I surely enjoy hearing him say it.