Daisy Chain - does that still mean what I think it means?

Back in the day, “Daisy Chain” refered to a group of woman performing oral sex on each other in a circle.

Has anyone heard of this? Was it just my gross friends and gross highschool, or is this actually a common slang term.

The reason I ask is because my friends granddaughter (who is 10) has a little jewelry making business that she’s calling “Daisy Chain” and I mentioned it to my friend.

Not because I was trying to make a fuss, but if she had called it “Circle Jerk” I probably would have mentioned it as well.

So - what sez you dopers? Does Daisy Chain still refer to what I think it refers to, or is that a horribly old and antiquated notion? :smiley:

Take your pick I’ve heard nearly all of them.

When I saw the thread title, I assumed you meant a chain of SCSI devices.

Never heard of the reference you spoke to. In our idyllic days as youngters, a “daisy chain” was just that … a chain made of flowers with the stems tied one after the other. We used to wear them as necklaces.

Yeah, a real daisy chain is a chain of daisies. And I think you’ll find that is what most people would read it as.

Though calling a store “Pearl Necklace” might get some giggles.

That’s the first time I hear “daisy chain” meaning anything other than a wreath made of actual flowers.

You had an interesting highschool!

Yes, yes I did. Don’t even ask me what an “Angel Kiss” is supposed to be.

I’m 20 and “daisy chain” refers to the sexual act you described (in my highschool it did, at least). Oh, but it isn’t just women: men can do it too (since they have stems, ya see).

Daisy chains are sexual, I only learned about actual flower chains six months ago.

I never heard it used in anyway other than a sexual context.

The sexual act is the only meaning I’ve heard too. No men, though, just women.

I thought it referred to men, each one buggering the fellow in front of him.

Miss Alice is a dirty, dirty girl.

I’d never heard that.

I’ve never heard the word used referring to this act, but I have heard about the act, and I have to ask: How the hell does this work logistically? I mean, you must slip out all the time, or not be able to move, and generally it must be a pain in the… wait, that would be an unfortunate choice of words. Let’s say “really fucking annoying” instead.

This is my understanding of the term as well.

I understood the definition to be as the OP stated.

I haven’t heard of it mentioned for years, except for the line in the Pink Floyd song.

The references I am familiar with are also sexual. Only then it was a boy-girl-boy-girl-etc… thing. I can see how it got it’s name from the actual chain of flowers though.

Chain of flowers, chain of scsi devices. Never knew it had a sexual connotation.

I’ve heard it both ways. I’ve made actual daisy chains, with actual flowers, and heard it sexually as men, and as women. And I’m 30.

I’ve heard both the sexual and the flowery definition. I first heard ( rather read ) the sexual version in Philip José Farmer’s Image of the Beast. He used it to refer to a dual gendered chain of people engaging in various sex acts.