Studio 60 premiers tonight!!!!

I have been a Sorkin fan since Sports Night, I love A Few Good Men (okay, the ending was kind of hokey, but still) and I regretfully stopped watching West Wing after he stopped writing the script.

Tonight…the premier of the new Aaron Sorkin show! Bradley Whitford, Matthew Perry, and Judd Hirsch having a meltdown live on air!

I am so excited. Who’s with me?

I’m giggling in anticipation as I write this.

I’m excited, but I’ve already seen the pilot, since NBC made it available on DVD, and I got it from Netflix a few weeks ago.

I liked it enough that I plan on watching again tonight.

Hubby and I are big Aaron Sorkin fans as well. We’re very excited to see this new show!

Plan on watching as well, but I’m almost a little nervous - this show is getting SO MUCH hype, I’m wary whether it can actually live up to it.
Also, I’m not a huge Friends/Chandler Bing fan - but I suspect I can let that pass.

I, too, saw the pilot on DVD via Netflix, and liked it enough that I plan on taping it tonight (my class ends at 10pm). :slight_smile:

Trying to manage my anticipation but my DVR is at the ready.

mmmmmm, Amanda Peet

For some reason it was on last night at 10 on CTV here. I thought it was very good, with a few of the recognizable bits of Sorkin’s writing style. I’m definitely going to be watching the series if its quality stays at this level.

Perry won me over as an actor who could get past Chandler Bing when he played the attorney on WW who brought down Vice President Otter.

I mean, talk about a big first day at work!!

Any pedeconferencing? :wink:

I have my TiVo Season Pass set up and ready. I hope the show will be good, but I can’t help wondering if I’ll feel a little deflated by the lack of inherent gravitas of a late night sketch comedy show compared to that of the inner workings of the White House. It’s lame of me to try and compare the two shows, but I can’t help it; all the promos seem to emphasize a very West Wing-y vibe.

The West Wing title font is alive and well.

And they still don’t have theme music yet, because that music under the title card was the temp music they used in the screener copy.

I’ve seen this episode 3 or 4 times already, and I’m still captivated.

Hmm… so far, it’s one jumping-the-Andy-Kaufman shark and some slightly shaky line-readings by Amanda Peet. Whose character really should’ve reminded the network suit that she’s been brought on board to save a marquee show which he (as much as anyone) has allowed to go down the tubes.

OTOH, how much you guys care to bet that the show-within-a-show will prove more entertaining than the real-life SNL of today? :frowning:

I’d be thrilled if Lorne Michaels pulled a stunt like that.

Then again, Lorne Michaels is the reason SNL’s that bad in the first place, so…

I spent the first ten minutes wondering how they thought they could get away with so blatantly ripping off “Network” and the eleventh minute going “oh.”

One the one hand, decent show so far. On the other hand, network shows that spend their time ripping on how horrible network television is always ring a little false to me because, hey, you’re on the network. So we’ll see.

Awesome series premiere. Very glad I watched.

Hey, is the Harriet Hayes character (the Christian blonde actress) inspired by Kristin Chenoweth? I know Kristin was on The West Wing, but I wonder if she had a relationship with Sorkin at any point, or if there was any bad blood between them.

I have to say I NEVER watched The West Wing because I have no interest in politics. But I worked in television for nearly 30 years, so I was really interested to see STUDIO 60. I loved it! I am hooked. Great cast. Good writing. I’ll be back.

They dated until she released a Christian album and went on “The 700 Club” to perform.

I kid you not.

Thommy Schlamme has a really unhealthy obsession with the star filter.

We need to stage an intervention or something.

I liked it. I’ve never heard of Kristen Chenowith. Will there be Cliff’s Notes, so I can keep up with the insider stuff?

I never watched Friends so don’t have a problem with Matthew Perry (thought he was good here), and it’s great seeing Sarah Paulson again. Loved her in American Gothic and Deadwood.