Is urine supposed to smell like what you ate last?

Disclaimer: I’m not seeking medical advice; you’re not my doctor, I’m not your patient. I understand completely that no post in this thread should be taken as medical advice, and I will be asking this same question of my doctor next time I go. Enough weasely stuff?
I’ve noticed lately that my urine smells like whatever I’ve eaten, usually whatever meat I had. I’m familiar with asparagus pee and Sugar Smacks pee, and even coffee pee smelling, but chicken? Why would my pee smell like chicken? I am experiencing no discomfort, discoloration or any change in frequency or duration of my urination. I don’t sweet-smelling urine after eating sweets, so I’m thinking it’s not some diabetes thing, but who knows?

Anyway, has anyone experienced this, or am I some kind of freak? Thanks!

It will smell different depending on the content and concentration, definitely, and some things you eat will make it smell or look funny. But taking on the smell of whatever you ate last? Not something I’ve ever heard of, although depending on what you’ve been eating I guess it’s possible in some cases for you to notice a similarity. I very much doubt it’s anything to be concerned about.

Sugar Smacks pee?

Oh, they’re called something else now (can’t remember what) due to some marketing genius’ phobia of using the word “Sugar” in a cereal name even though it’s probably the leading ingredient. Same deal as Sugar Pops; now they’re called Corn Pops or something. Anyway, it’s puffed rice or something coated with honey or sugar or corn syrup solids. It produces a distinctive smell in your urine.

Honey Smacks.

I have had this too. Tuna fish or corned beef. Occasionally other foods. I have never known it to be harmful, but I am not a doctor.

Be carefull what you eat! You surely don’t want it to smell like … :rolleyes:

My pee occasionally smells exactly like rice cakes, even though it’s been years since I’ve eaten them.