Who is the largest man on earth whose size is not caused by hormonal malfunctions?

Who is the largest man on earth whose size is not caused by gigantism related to hormonal disease or malfunctions?

I thinking of a person in the context of someone who is huge, but medically “normal” like Shaquille O’Neal.

How about this guy?Paul Wight

I think that we covered this topic a few months back, something about largest athletic people (so folks like Robert Pershing Wadlow and Andre The Giant were out of the running, no pun intended).

Don’t have time to search right now but I think it topped out just over the 7 foot mark - people like Shaq and Yao Ming. Tall but not “huge” (bulky). Under 7 feet you get some might big fellas.

Per your Wikipedia link, Paul Wight (The Big Show) is acromegalic, btw.

According to Wiki Xi Shun a Chinese man is the tallest living person who does not have a growth disorder.

I don’t care what that article says he sure as hell looks (and his growth description sounds) like there’s some weird hormonal disorder involved.

Interestingly, the article says that Wight underwent pituitary-gland surgery when he was 12. Does this mean is not now an acromegalic, but that he once was?

I don’t know if this guy qualifies as the answer to your question but he has to be the biggest, toughest SOB on the planet.

Nikolai Valuev

Dalip Singh from the remake of The Longest Yard is a pretty big son of a bitch but I have no idea whether he has a growth disorder or not.

I don’t know about currently living, but the record holder has long been considered [ur]=“Angus MacAskill - Wikipedia”]Angus MacAskill, who topped out at 7’9" and I don’t know how many pounds.

Maybe. Personally, I’m suspicious of the 7’9". Various legitimate seven-footers plus in the 20th centure were billed as being up to a foot taller. I don’t doubt that he was a NBAMF, but unless there’s some pretty convincing evidence to back it up that could be an exaggeration, too.

It’s also interesting to note that although his death at an early age of a “brain infection.” Also that many of his legendary feats were recorded 40 years after his death. Who knows what it might really have been.