"Star TreK" trivia contest

The Rules:

Ask about any episode, movie or incarnation. You must rely on your memory - you can’t consult any book, watch an episode or a movie, or ask someone else, either in formulating or answering a question. Number your question(s) (no more than five at a time, please), in sequence after those that came before. You can’t post questions of your own until you’ve correctly answered at least one earlier question.

I’ll start the ball rolling:

1. What is James T. Kirk’s middle name?
  2. What soup does Nurse Chapel make for Spock in “Amok Time”?
  3. Cyrano Jones tries to interest the K-7 bartender in what products other than tribbles?
  4. Harry Kim rises to the command of what ship?
  5. The Enterprise-C is christened with a bottle of what brand of champagne?
  1. Tiberius
  2. Plumok
  3. Fire Crystals (for one)
  4. Voyager
  5. Unknown… as the Christening of the C is not shown in any known footage.
  1. Something beginning with “R”, if Where No Man Has Gone Before is to be believed.
  2. Plomik.

Spican flame gems and some sort of “glow water” (Alterean perhaps?). The barkeep had enough flame gems and used the glow water to polish then.

Simster and Ethilrist are both correct on question 1, and Otto is partially correct as to question 3. Ask questions of your own, if you like.

Simster, you’re right as to question 5. :smack: I meant the Enterprise-B.

The other answers given so far are incorrect (spelling counts!)

Dom Perignon. (sp?)

t1. What race is Spock, and how did his ears get so pointy? (As explained to a police officer.)
t2. Where was Kirk born?
t3. What was Scotty’s nephew’s name?
t4. Where do some races keep their genitals?
t5. What is the genesis of the first medical tricorder? (Hint: common household item)

One more, for the Uber-geek:

t6. What is the name of the actor who played Spot? Name one other thing he’s been in. (Feel free to use the internet.)

t1: Chinese? Accident with a harvesting machine as a child.
t2: Iowa.
t4: knees.
t5: salt shaker.

All correct.

Well, that, and he did a little too much LDS in the sixties. :slight_smile:

Indeed. Those Mormons are a kinky bunch.

What 5-digit number did Enterprise use to force Reliant to lower shields?

Actually, I think it was a rice-picking machine.

2 from **Elendil’s Heir’s ** list:

Plomeek.

I apologize for violating the rules, but here’s a really arcane one:

In which original series episode can one clearly see a stunt man rip the seat of his pants?

Peter Preston (killed in ST II-TWOK)

w1: Name 2 Oscar winners with recurring roles in ST shows.
w2: What did Scotty get drunk on in the holodeck? And how did Data describe it?
w3: How did Lwaxana save Odo’s life?
w4: Where was Sisko born and raised?
w5: While talking to Garak, what did Quark compare the Federation to?

The salt shakers were the genesis of McCoy’s small handheld instruments, not the “medical tricorder” (which pretty much looks like any other tricorder, except that it’s the one McCoy carries).

1. Which character attempted to bribe his way out of the Enterprise (no bloody A, B, C, or D) brig?

The Cloudminers?

Right you are.

For numbering questions, let’s keep it sequential, as I asked in the OP. Sorry I didn’t make that clear. So tdn’s would be #6-11, Hentor’s would be 12, want2know’s would be 13-18, Bear Flag’s would be 19, Hentor’s would be 20, and Steve MB 's would be 21. The next posted question would be 22. Thanks.

1. Whoopie Goldberg, who played Guinan on TNG (Oscar win for “Ghost”) and Louise Fletcher, who played Kai Winn on DS9 (Oscar for “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest”).
  2. Don’t know the name, but “It is green.”
  3. Dunno.
  4. New Orleans, La.
  5. Root beer (one of my favorite ST quotations, ever! Paraphrasing, “It’s so insidious and sweet and cloying… and after awhile, you find you actually like it!”)