Moist/Dry Heating Pads? Whaaa'?

I love my heating pad, but I need a new, larger, less bumpy-and-apt-to-electrocute-me model. So I see this “moist/dry heating pad” at Duane Reade, which is the only large-size one, but the oxymoronic concept frightened me off. I want a dry, plug-it-in heating pad. Anyone know what the deal is with moist dryness?

If it is like my wife’s it can either provide moist, or dry heat; not moist-dry heat. There is a pad that she soaks in water and inserts into a sleeve on the pad for the moist heat.

It has a flannel or fleece cover that you can get damp. If you like. If not, you just use it as you’d use any other electric heating pad.

My ex-wife had one or something similar. There are two modes, moist and dry. If you never use it in moist mode, it’ll be the same as a standard heating pad. The heat will transfer better when it’s moist.

Go ahead and buy the one you were looking at. It will allow you to use it as you wish. If you wanted moist heat, it would allow that as well, but it does not require it.

Ah! Thanks. I think I will buy it tomorrow.