Twisted Sister's "O Come All Ye Faithful"

I don’t think Christmas music gets much better than this. Happy holidays, and stay metal.

I’ve never seen that before, and I love it.

Nothing says Christmas like Dee Snyder.

Another album for the Missus’ Xmas collection.

Thanks, and rock on!

That was at least 17 kinds of awesome. I counted.

Harmonized leads, whammy bar dives, and I do believe I heard a cowbell!

\m/

They were on Leno a couple days ago pushing the new CD. What made it really surreal was that Dakota Fanning had been the first guest of the show. So after the performance when Jay and the other guests come over to chat there’s sweet little Dakota shaking hands and chatting with Dee Snyder in full costume. Hilarious.

I just watched it again, and never realized how similar the melodies to “Oh Come All Ye Faithful” and “We’re Not Gonna to Take It” are. Of course, they sneak in the actualy “We’re Not Gonna Take It” riff into the solo, and the drum opening is pretty much identical in both songs.

The rest of the Twisted Christmas CD is based on more of their songs and songs by other bands like AC/DC and Judas Priest.

I’ve been digging on it for the past few days.

Totally awesome.

I’m going to see them live next Friday and you can bet your bottom that I *can’t wait. *:slight_smile:

Whoa… that was simultaneously awesome and disturbing. Fantastic!

Rhythm,
whose first concert was Twisted Sister opening for Dio.

Man, that chick singing lead is busted! What’s her name? Dee?

At last, something to get my brother for Christmas. Off to Amazon!
Otto - Twisted Commando, Michigan Division, 1986

File it under “half-assed novelty albums turned out for a quick buck.” It’s better than Pat Boone’s metal album, anyway.

Well at least it doesn’t thumb its nose at science, Captain Bringdown.

Is one only permitted to give uncritical rave reviews of items under discussion in Cafe S? In that case, Twisted Sister has stood the test of time, continued to put out quality product, their Christmas release is sure to become a classic of the genre, and Mr. Synder looks excellent in that get-up.

<snicker>

But I thought it was fun to watch!

That was certainly, um, irreverent. That chick was totally channeling Tawny Kitaen.

It’s nice to hear that belted out by someone who actually sings, instead of smarming it up like that version I heard in the grocery store today. Still, would it have killed them to class it up with verse or two in latin (Adeste fidelis, laeti triumphantes Venite, venite in Bethlehem) like Bing Crosby used to?
The Hava Nagila ending was sweet!

You’re complaining that Twisted Sister isn’t classing it up?

Really! You can’t get more class than that!

It just would’ve felt a little twistier to me in Latin.

No doubt. That’s the clearest tenor I’ve heard in ages.