Terro Ant Killer Question

I’ve been getting some ants lately, I bought some stuff called Terro, it was highly recommended. I put some out and only one or two ants came.

I then went on the internet and it said some ants are sweet eating and some are grease eating.

I went back to the store but they didn’t have Terro for grease ants so what I did was take a bit of peanut butter and mix it into the Terro. This made them come out in a swarm.

My question is will this work. Will they eat the peanut butter and not the Terro?

This sounds like an excellent Mythbusters episode.

I think you solved your problem. You are correct, there are two groups of ants: one attracted to sweet and on attracted to fat.
Terro is cyanide. The other 99% of the ingrediants ae just the attractant. By mixing the poison into the PB, you attracted the ants to the poison. However, there is serous warning here, PB attracts all sorts of creature-dogs, cats, kids, etc. Be very careful in placing this bait in you residence.

Thanks I just wanted to make sure when they are eating the peanut butter they are eating the terro too.

I hate to think I was giving them a free lunch and no poison :slight_smile:

There are no kids or pets

Terro has not contained cyanide for many years. The active ingredient is borax. It is harmless to people and pets.

See: http://www.terro.com/faq-ants.php#q5