What the heck is this?

I think the subject pretty much says it all if you look at that link. Has the mothership arrived? If so, why the Netherlands?

My guess: A crack/ding in the lens of the camera that took the picture, resulting in a pretty purple starburst as the light does wonky things.

The zip is 02135? Perhaps it’s the Big Dig gone horribly wrong? Oh wait…the Big Dig DID go horribly wrong.

So, is that a good enough answer?

It looks like there’s some extremely bright light source there. At a guess, I’d say that there happened to be something reflective there, at just the right angle to reflect the sun into the camera on the sattelite or plane. As to why there in particular, it just happened that there was something reflective there at just the right angle: Just coincidence, really.

Here:

Zonnepaneel

-Specular reflection off a solar panel array.

Wasn’t there a substantial Jewish community in Holland before WWII? Maybe the Ark fo the Covenant isn’t in that church in Ethiopia after all…

Nice catch. I like that one of the nearby streets, to the southwest (zoomed out from zero 6 times), is called Bossa Novastraat. There’s also Mambostraat, Rumbastraat, Salsastraat, Limbostraat, Tangostraat, Siouxstraat, Mesa Verde, Rio Grandestraat, Coloradostraat, Yukonstraat, Orinocostraat, Mississippistraat, Alligatorstraat, and many more. What the heck is that? It’s a half-moon shaped compound of some sort.

Seconded! I thought you were joking, but you’re not.

There’s a Savannestraat, too. :slight_smile:

It might be the solar array, but it might just be a military spot. High-security places are fiddled with on Googlearth. They hope to not be an aid to eeeeevildoers.

That looks like a diffraction star to me; and I would hazard a guess that the diaphragm of the lens that was used to take the photograph has either five or ten blades.

The source of the light, as noted above, is probably a pane of glass or a solar panel.