New wireless electricity technique?

Like simple induction, but the coils resonate?

The article says (emphasis added), “One of the coils, attached to the power source, is the sending unit. Instead of irradiating the environment with electromagnetic waves, it fills the space around it with a non-radiative magnetic field oscillating at MHz frequencies.”

Non-physicist, non-EE here, so my understanding of this is very sketchy.

1. How do you produce a non-radiative magnetic field that also oscillates? I thought an oscillating magnetic field would by its nature radiate. The picture with the article shows the coils, and they seem to be shaped like ordinary coils, so it doesn’t seem to be the shape.

2. What makes the field just magnetic? I thought you get an EM field when oscillation is involved

3. The concept sounds simple, but there must be more involved here than the article presents (not surprising), or someone would have done this before now.

Please enlighten me.

What makes this different from Nikola Tesla’s work, other than perhaps being at higher frequencies?

When I read of this I also thought immediately about Tesla. Wasn’t this what he was trying to do at Wardenclyffe?

Aye.