Your Ghost Stories?

My husband is one of those people that can sense, see, feel and/or hear Ghosts, it depends on whether they want to be know. Sometimes this freaks me out, like when we are driving down the road, and he says someone DIED there, and I asked why and he said, because there is some guy standing in the middle of the road over there. Other times, when he lived in an OLD house, there was the spirit of a Jamacian Witch Doctor, that used to mess with him and his (then) girlfriend. It seemed that that one disliked the part of them being “together” whenever they were both around, and not fighting, is when she would mess with them. But if one person were home and not the other or they were fighting, she didnt bother them.

Halloween Approching 'n all. . .
So to the story part
Lets see if we cant get a few of you guys to respond with ghost story that happened to you, or a friend.

If you arent Psychotic, I mean Psychic, I always get those confused, tell us a good ghost story that you have heard.

I would recommend checking these threads. They should keep you busy for a while.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=38440
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=25734
And welcome to the boards.

Hello Mandi, pardon my asking, but where did I see your name mentioned? Are you one of the Rosiewolf/idnew/wardensu clan?

Please say no.

If you are not, HEY!! welcome!!
and if you are, my sympathies.

Rrriiiiiiiiight.

I wasn’t going to come in here, but I HATE seeing Unc and David B and all the rest of the skeptics tramping all over everyone’s fun. Goddamn Poindexters probably spoiled all those great spooky campfire tales when they were kids, too.

Harrumph.

{gazes into the embers of the great fireplace in the west wall of the smoking room of the Straight Dope Club. Adjusts the cuffs of his tweed suit}

I’d be happy to share the tales of some of my, ahem, supernatural exploits with you, my dear. Unfortunately, it’s thirsty work, and my glass appears to be, er, empty at present.

Why, yes, a large Glenfarclas-Glenlivet would be most welcome.

[hijack[

Does anyone remember a ghost story where a woman tells a new neighbor all about her relatives who go off hunting with a dog and never come back, but she hears the tune they whistled some days. Then when the very much alive hunters come sauntering up, the man runs away screaming. It turns out to be a joke she plays regularly.

I know this makes no sense, but maybe someone will remember. We used to listen to it on record in the dark on Halloween…eek

[/hijack]

Saki. “The Open Window.”

“…romance at short notice was her specialty.”

Naw, we just scared each other with tales of Newtonian fluids, Pythagorean theorems and omniscient deities. You tell me which is more frightening, our stories, or your namby-pamby, chain-rattling ghosts that you can walk right through?

Well I am glad you all took this seriously.

Yes I am new, but I am waiting for my friend to intoduce me properly.

No KelliBelli, I dont know of the whatever clan you are talking about so you can be relieved of that.
Hey Beer, my hubbie can sense ghosts, just because YOU dont it doesnt me it doesnt happen to other people, dont be such a pessimist.

Cool! Love the username BTW!!
:smiley:

Thanks Kel, I figured while I was here on this board thats what you guys were going to get a little insight about! :slight_smile:

Thanks very much, Mr. Ike!

Now I can read it at Halloween with a flashlight under my chin!

And which one of his five senses would he use to detect ghosts? Please choose one or more from the list below.
[list=1]
[li]Sight[/li][li]Hearing[/li][li]Smell[/li][li]Touch[/li][li]Taste[/li][/list=1]
Now, that you’ve made you selection(s), please explain to me how your husband’s sense(s) works differently than most people’s.

When you (or science) can explain the function of this phenomenon, I’ll consider believing it. Thanks.

C’mon, UncaBeer, just 'cause YOU can’t see 'em…come on, sing with me the old John Entwhistle ditty…

*Whiskey Man’s my friend
He’s with me nearly all the time.
He’s always with me when I drink
And we get on just fine.
Nobody had ever seen him
I’m the only one.
Seemingly I must be mad;
Insanity is fun!

Sheesh, Uncle Beer, didn’t you see Sixth Sense? Obviously, this guy is waiting for Bruce Willis to show up and start analyzing him.

Well, uncle beer, Mike, mandi’d husband, can see and feel ghosts around him. In some cases he can feel their presence and not be able to fully describe the spirit that is around him. In some cases he can actually see the ghosts themselves. It has happened while going down roads, he sees an apparition of a person. It kinda scares the crap out of him, and he doesn’t like to dwell or look at the “ghosts” he is seeing. Mandi could probly explain it a bit better.

Then steps in Unclebeer to tell someone they are foolish for believing what they do. Good job Unclebeer!

Well, no. I never said anyone was foolish for believing in ghosts. I’m merely asking for proof of their existence. I wanna know how other peoples’ senses function differently than mine. Please, you show me where I said anyone’s beliefs are silly.

[Edited by UncleBeer on 10-23-2000 at 10:26 AM]

Like Tuba Girl said, he can sometimes Hear them, See them, just feel the presence around them, touch them, Must I go on?

Unc Why do you have to be a party Pooper???
I mean really its kinda freaky to me, Everytime we drive by the graveyard thats by our house I get freaked out and I dont even sense them. When we first moved there he got this feeling when we went by, but now that he has been my there a million times he has just gotten used to it.

And Again thats whats so wierd about Ghosts n things of that sort is that SCIENCE cannot prove it. I mean really there are alot of things you belive in that you cannot see:

Pluto, have you ever seen it, no, but you belive its out there orbiting.

Air, etc., can you see the different molecules of Hydrogen, Oxygen etc? NO but you belive in Protons, Neutrons and electons dont you?