Outlook question

I’m not sure how to do this. It seems like something that must come up for a lot of people but every way I’ve found to do it seems clumsy.
I want to re-send an email that I sent before, to the same recipients, with the same wallpaper, and almost identical text.
The emails are reports, and the only thing that changes each week is one status line.

Do you save a template or something?

[ The clumsy way: Right now I’m finding the last message, clicking on Reply-to-all, removing my email from the To list, deleting the forwarding block, and editing the status line. That works but is way too much trouble.]

Find the email that you sent and open it in its own window, usually by doubleclicking on the line in Sent Items. There should be a drop-down menu called Actions at the top, select that and there should be an option to “Resend This Message…”. Clicking that will reopen the email ready for editing, with everything arranged just as it was when you sent it last time.

For the record, I use 2003. If you have another version, this may not be applicable.

Yes, you can make up a message and Save As a a template (.oft file). Save it on your computer somewhere and when you want to send it, you go to the file, double-click, and it will open in Outlook and you can edit that one line and then send it.

If you want to save the template actually in Outlook, you can do that too. First save it on your computer somewhere, then create a Draft email and attach that template. When you want to send, open the Draft, open the attachment, edit, and send.

Edit: Bosstone’s method is better than mine.

On the other hand, if it’s a weekly thing, a template may be more elegant than digging around in your Sent Items from the week before. I just wasn’t sure how to set one up myself. :slight_smile:

Thanks to both of you. I think you are both right.
For now I’ll use that pullodown, then probably do a template at some point.