"Eggs Danny Thomas style"

I have heard this reference a couple of times now. I didn’t want to give myself away by asking, but my curiosity is getting the beter of me. What in the world are "eggs Danny Thomas style?.

MtG (lovely area, btw)

I tried a web search using Google and couldn’t find anything, checked Steve Dahl’s website and couldn’t find anything, tried his message board and couldn’t get on.

Sorry, can’t help you. Short of emailing the Stever himself and asking (and from what I can recall, he would never answer on the air) or taking a chance and emailing Garry Meier and asking him.

If you find out, let me know, because it’s been bugging me for years!

Missy,

I’m glad I’m not the only one in the dark on this matter. I believe Steve is afraid of broadcasting the definition due to libel issues. This, of course, only makes me want to know all the more. I’m sure someone will come to our rescue. By the way is Danny Thomas stil with us because one can’t libel the dead.

Perhaps some doper in LA (or wherever Danny Thomas lives) could just take a chance and order them?

According to IMDB, Danny Thomas died on February 6, 1991.

mm

Here’s my guess:

Take two raw eggs; scramble in a glass. Preheat a buttered skillet.

Suck eggs into your mouth as if you’re drinking them, but do not swallow. Have your pretty blonde, blue-eyed, pearls,-dress-and-heels-wearing wife (or other appropriately dressed woman to play the part) walk into the room and say “Danny, I wrecked the car on the way to the beauty parlor”

As your eyes turn big as cue balls, spray the eggs out of your mouth into skillet. Serve when done.

Not sure how legit this is, but I found it on an FAQ site for Don and Mike, two radio guys that are currently syndicated but got their start in DC:

D&M always refer to him and glass table-tops, and give away the word ‘COPROPHELIA.’ For those who have not looked up the word, the long and short of it is, a copropheliac enjoys fecal matter. As for what “Eggs, Danny-Thomas-Style” are, I couldn’t hazard a guess… He enjoyed watching people do their business on glass table tops while he was lurking underneath.

Whoa. Got a cite for that one?

C’mon, manny…don’t mess up a lovely urban legend with a request for facts!

One order of Eggs Danny Thomas-style, coming up!

–Well, I actually tried a serious search for Lebanse recipes for a clue. Nada.
But you might change the butter to olive oil, and add some scallions or mint.

…eggs Chuck Berry style?

Sorry, Manhattan, I forgot to put the cite in. I thought I did, but I guess the old Apple-V didn’t get quite struck.

Anyway, you can find the description at http://www.davids.com/dnm.html#7 at the second subsection. Again, it’s an FAQ for a radio show, and a very immature one at that. My reading of the quote is that it’s the writer’s GUESS, based on information Don and Mike repeatedly say about Danny Thomas, but it could also be interpreted as saying “I couldn’t hazard a guess [but was told it’s] …”

You’d think if it was the writer’s guess, though, he’d put a question mark at the end of it … the lack of one is what makes me think that the writer is trying to profess his orignal confusion before being told what it is, but I can’t say for sure.

I think all I’ve done is muddy the waters on the quote, though. Sorry.