car savvy please help

I have reacently lost axcess to my 91 chevrolet lumina’s trunk. Unfortunatly I dont have the owners manuel and there are christmas gifts in there please help. I dont really want to foul up the trunk so if you can please keep it un intrusive thanks merry christmas to all

Welcome to the Straight dope jaybirdy.
I am a little confused by your post.
You lost access? What do you mean by that? You lost the trunk key? Does your car have 2 keys (trunk/door + ignition) or just one? If it is just one, there should be a valet key and a master key. both will start the car, but the valet key won’t let you in the trunk. Getting a new master cut would solve that.
If it is a 2 key system, you will have to get a new key cut. There are two ways to do this. You can go to the Chevy dealer, they can look up the key code and cut the key, or you can go to a locksmith who will hand cut a key. I think some locksmiths have access to key codes.
Other than that, some cars have fold down rear seats that you fold by releasing them from inside the car. Look along the top of the rear seat for a release of some type.
If the car has a ski tunnel pass though (a hole behind the center arm rest to allow long things like skis to fit in the trunk) it might be possible to use a socket on a couple of really long extensions to unbolt the catch. I have done this on older cars that did not have plastic trim all around the catch. On a new car this would not be possible.
I hope this info helps, and you decide to stick around.

Rick is awsome. Rick please now help me with my car question hehe.

Done!

I did not loose the trunk key it jist wouldent work . so I kicked the lock and then my key would work. So I dontknow what was wrong but all is well thanks for the help

That’s how I always get my TV or other electronic devices to start working when they fail. Good call.