Do they still make pudding pops?

Do they still make pudding pops? On a whim, we went to the grocery store for some today, and apparently the store doesn’t carry them.

-FrL-

Ah… the answer to my question is yes.

And apparently they’re not pudding! As a kid I always thought they were.

What are they, then? They seemed… different… than other popsicles. More creamy or something.

-FrL-

My husband and I wondered this last year, and found the Jello Pudding Pops at Meijer I believe.
I’m not sure what’s in them, but I always thought it was pudding too…

I bought some the summer before last. They don’t taste nearly as good now as when I was nine. I let half of that most recent box die of freezer burn.

I loved the Vanilla ones.

Rich flavor.

The ones I came across the last time I looked (which had to be at least 5 years ago, if not longer) were not quite the same as the classic ones from my childhood that Bill Cosby will forever be associated with. For one thing, they were about half as wide as the originals. The texture seemed slightly “wrong” too, but that might just have been a side effect of the new form factor.

Couldn’t we just make our own out of real pudding?

YUM :slight_smile:

Yes, you can. Just look for those plastic popsicle molds. (They are usually in the section with all the Tupperware-type stuff at the store.

Nothing to add here, other than to express my abject surprise that someone found it necessary to write perhaps the lamest Wikipedia article ever, on Pudding Pops!

I love this little nugget of information:

Indeed. Although I’ve gotta say, if you replace “Bill Cosby” with “Chuck Norris” this gets ten times funnier.

Or you could do it the old skool way:

Get some Dixie or small paper drinking cups
Matching number of wooden popsicle sticks or wooden/plastic spoons
Mix up a batch of Puddin’
Fill cups 3/4 full of Puddin’ before it fully sets
Stick in the popsicle stick or spoon (of course you would leave the handle part of the spoon unsubmerged)
Let it set up in fridge
Move to freezer after it sets, wait an hour or 2

Peel off paper cups and enjoy!!

…And the thing that’s gonna please her, is you make 'em in the freezer!
Sorry, wrong childhood reference.

I think they’re made out of congealed, fermented snot. Not that they taste bad, it’s just they have that creamy-yet-non-fattening mouthfeel about them.

Your waistline will thank me later.

Yes, snot.

The snot of Sabrina LeBeauf.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. :smiley:

That I’m alright with, now were it Tempest Bledsoe then I’d be screaming right now.

Wait, are pudding pops different from Fudgesicles? I’m only 20 but we always had vanilla, chocolate, and swirl fudgesicles when I was a kid.

“Mix up a batch of Puddin’”

Would that be the cooked kind or the instant kind?

It works with either kind, or even the store bought brands.

Mmmmmm, Snak Pak Pops!!

Strangely enough, this works with all of Bill Cosby’s work- yes, even Leonard Part 6.

Interesting. Since the last time I had one, I could detect a mucusy flavor, though it seemed familiar, I was off by a mile. I was thinking to myself, “That’s so Raven.”

Pudding Pops are very different than Fudgesicles. Different flavor, texture, everything. They’re both good in their way, but definitely not the same product.

I’ve never seen Fudgesicles in flavors other than chocolate, though, so I can only really speak for the chocolate varieties being different.