"Get Fuzzy" is a repeat today

Get Fuzzy cartoon for today, (Sat. April 5), the exact copy of which I have had on my fridge for quite a while. Are they allowed to do that, to use a strip again and put the current date on it like it’s new?

Get Fuzzy has been in repeats all week. Comic strips do this all the time when the cartoonist goes on vacation.

Oh. Okay, mystery solved. I suppose I’ve read all of them before, then, but just didn’t notice.

Never mind. Nothing to see here.

When Bill Keane goes on vacation, little Billy fills in and does the strip! The results are endearingly hillarious!! You should check this out sometime!!!

In our paper, they actually put a little note above the cartoon mentioning that the cartoonist is on vacation and when the repeated strip originally ran.

And in case you start thinking that the Doonesbury strips are looking familiar, I believe Garry Trudeau just started an extended hiatus last week.

He’s off until mid-June, IIRC; the Atlanta Journal-Constituition has dropped Doonesbury (at least in weekday editions) in the interim.

Why do you hate America?

“Oh, it’s tonight? Oh, no way, man. I gotta cut some shit out of the paper. Yeah… A recipe for Apple Brown Betty, and a really funny Family Circus. … Uh, PJ mispronounces ‘spaghetti.’ Yeah. And he calls - what? oh, uh, ‘pasgetti.’ But that’s not it - dude, dude, dude. Listen, listen, listen. But he also - he also - he calls meatballs ‘meatbulbs!’ Ha ha ha ha ha ha! I know, that’s why it’s goin’ on the fridge!”

That was really good, Sanibel.

I mourned the day that the L.A. Times comic section went from 3 pages to 2. Family Circus and Marmaduke were on page 3, so I never had to look at it. Now, it as much as I try to avert my eyes, every once in a while I slip up and see the Family Circus and have a brain hemorrhage.

That’s going on my fridge, SanibelMan. Or at least into my .sig line collection.

Mods – don’t worry, I never use more than one .sig line at a time.

ETA: Send me your morning paper by courier every day, Darryl Lict, and for a small fee, I’ll chop those bits out for you.