Beer and food

I’m having some Trader Joe’s meat lasagna, and a Trader Joe’s Bavarian Style Hefeweizen. (‘What? **Johnny L.A. is having a beer? Alone?’ Yeah, well I don’t drink nearly enough. And this six-pack has been cooling since Thanksgiving and I thought I’d better get rid of it.) They’re really good together. There’s some sort of… ‘finish’ that I can’t quite describe. Almost ‘smokey’, but not really.

I like Longboard Lager with fish dishes, especially fish tacos.

What beer (brand and style) do you like with what foods?

Locally, I will enjoy a nice Victoria Lager with some Thrifty Foods seven-layer-dip and corn chips. I’m sorry. I’m not very refined.

Beer and pizza together are quite nice, too.

I like Rogue Dead Guy Ale, or Arrogant Bastard Ale, with a Mellow Mushroom Magical Mystery Tour (add chicken) pizza. :slight_smile:

Newcastle Brown Ale with a good sirloin and baked potato is second only to a Newcastle Brown Ale with another Newcastle Brown Ale.

Johnny, if you like the Hef, you might like the JosephsBrau Dunkelweizen as well. I also got into the Oregon honey beer recently.

At BJ’s, I like both the blonde and the hef that they brew on the premises. I often get a mini pizza or a sandwich there.

There is nothing in the world like clam chowder and very cold Sam Adams.