Twilight Zone-esque British show with Anthony Hopkins?

I remember once seeing a video clip (I’m positive it was linked to by someone here on the Dope) of some very old British TV show that was supposed to be like the British version of The Twilight Zone. It had Anthony Hopkins in it. The scene in the clip was, he was sitting in a room alone, and obviously suffering from some kind of intense paranoia or schizophrenia, and he keeps looking in the mirror, and then he turns around and he sees himself sitting there in a chair or something. This is all I can remember from it.

Anyone know what I’m talking about? Does anyone have a link to the video clip?

From your description of the show, it almost sounds like it might be Tales from the Darkside. I think that they started as TV productions of Roald Dahl’s short stories, but later expanded to include other writers.

Unfortunately, I’m not seeing that he appeared on that program, so this probably isn’t much help.

Bumping this in the hope that someone will know…

I think you’re thinking of Guilty Conscience. It’s not a Twilight Zone episode, but it was a TV movie in which he plays a lawyer trying to plot the perfect murder of his wife. To do so, he imagines himself as prosecutor, defendant, and (possibly) judge, but it’s been a long time since I saw it, so I won’t swear to it.

Actually, I figured it out. It was called Department S - A Small War Of Nerves. I think he was actually only in that one episode.

Now the question is, where is that video clip? I can’t find it on Youtube.

Tales of the Unexpected was the one with Roald Dahl stories.

:smack: Yep. You know, I even looked it up on IMDB and still managed misremember by the time I responded…